So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Alex Bolbat of Moscow, Russia.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1) Name two actors who received Oscar nominations for playing the same U.S. president.
A: Anthony Hopkins and Frank Langella (Richard Nixon) and Raymond Massey and Daniel Day-Lewis (Abraham Lincoln)
2) Name the last time five or more people were nominated for acting Oscars in the same film.
A: “Network” (1976)
3) Name the last person to win an Oscar, an Emmy, a Tony and a Grammy award.
A: Scott Rudin (2012)
4) What piece of gymnastic equipment did the Tom Hanks character have in his apartment in “Big”?
5) Name the two U.S. states where “Thelma & Louise” opened and closed.
A: Arkansas and Arizona
Now, for this week’s questions:
What is the highest grossing (worldwide box office take) black and white movie of all-time?
Name two U.S. states where “The Silence of the Lambs” was set.
Name two people that won Oscars for playing the same fictional character in different films.
Both Robert Duvall and Al Pacino have performed what well known dance step on screen?
Name a movie where a character played by Emma Thompson was a witch.
The first person (located in the U.S.) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.