It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas around Gwinnett. Here’s a snapshot of the cities’ seasonal soirees for the winter weather.
The city of Norcross will hold its annual tree lighting, complete with hot chocolate and cookies, a live choral concert and a visit from Santa.
• When: 6 p.m.
• Where: Thrasher Park, 95 Park Drive, Norcross
• For more information: aplacetoimagine.com
Snellville will light its 60-foot tall Christmas tree, which includes carriage rides, a caroling hay ride, children’s activities, musical entertainment and food for sale.
• When: 5 to 8 p.m.
• Where: Snellville City Hall, 2342 Oak Road, Snellville
• For more information: www.snellvilletourism.com
In Suwanee, the city holds its annual Caboose Lighting and Holiday Festival with performances by local elementary school choruses, craft activities, and s’mores — plus, Santa.
• When: 6:30 p.m.
• Where: Town Center Park, 330 Town Center Ave., Suwanee
• For more information: Visit www.suwanee.com
Buford rings in the holidays with a festival and parade in downtown.
• When: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Where: Downtown Buford, Main Street, Buford
• For more information: visitbuford.com
After lighting its tree last week, Loganville continues to show its holiday spirit with a Christmas parade.
• When: 5:30 p.m.
• Where: Downtown Loganville, Main Street, Loganville
• For more information: Visit loganville-ga.gov
Sugar Hill hosts its 10th annual holiday celebration and tree lighting ceremony with horse-drawn carriage rides, caroling by local choirs, train rides, snacks, cider and hot chocolate and pictures with Santa.
• When: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Where: Sugar Hill Community Center, 5039 W. Broad St., Sugar Hill
• For more information: www.cityofsugarhill.com
The city of Grayson celebrates the season with a tree lighting, photos with Santa, a petting zoo, pony rides, holiday crafts and food.
• When: 2 to 6:30 p.m.
• Where: Grayson Community Park, 475 Grayson Parkway, Grayson
• For more information: www.cityofgrayson.org
In Lilburn, there is a Celebration of the Nativity, featuring hundreds of Nativities from around the world, along with a live Nativity.
• When: 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday
• Where: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1150 Cole Drive, Lilburn
• For more information: Visit christmasnativity.org/lilburn
— Compiled by Staff Writer Meghan Kotowski