So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Johnny Robinson of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1) Name a non-fictional character portrayed by James Gandolfini in a feature film.
A: Leon Panetta in “Zero Dark Thirty”
2) In the movie “Dave,” the title character is shown throwing a baseball first pitch while wearing a jacket featuring the logo of which non-fictional MLB team?
A: Baltimore Orioles
3) What make and model of car does the title character drive most of the time in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?”
A: 1963 Ferrari California Spyder
4) In what live-action movie starring Kevin Costner do at least six non-fictional characters appear as themselves?
A: “Tin Cup” which included two dozen PGA golfers and three TV announcers as themselves
5) For what film did Harry Connick Jr. first provide multiple songs to the soundtrack?
A: “When Harry Met Sally…”
Now, for this week’s questions:
1) Name the last time two performers received Oscar nominations for playing the same character in the same film.
2) Name the last person to receive an Oscar nomination for playing the same character in different films.
3) What movie has won the most Oscars without receiving one for Best Picture?
4) Name a non-fictional character played by Johnny Depp in a film who is still living.
5) What performer appeared in the most films directed by Alfred Hitchcock?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.