If You Go
• What: Yellow Daisy Festival
• When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 5-6, 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 7, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 8
• Where: Stone Mountain Park, 1000 Robert E. Lee Blvd., Stone Mountain
• Cost: Free admission, $10 parking fee
• For more information: Visit www.stonemountain...>
STONE MOUNTAIN — Already itching to get your holiday shopping started? Here’s your chance.
Starting Thursday, the 45th annual Yellow Daisy Festival returns to Stone Mountain Park with more than 400 artists and crafters from 38 states and two countries with their works on display for purchase.
Almost every form of art will be present, including jewelry, paintings, sculptures, magnets, mixed-media, wood, pounded metal and then some.
There are other activities keep the whole family entertained, including a Children’s Corner, live music during the four days with The Swon Brothers headlining Sunday night and craft demonstrations. Attendees are encouraged to stay for the Lasershow Spectacular in MountainVision Saturday night.
If you’re dragging some guys with you, there is a big screen with sports at the Men’s Den whenever they need a break from the arts.
There are no pets allowed in the festival. This is a rain or shine event, which ends on Sept. 8.