So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Steve Mattingly of Atlanta.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1) What 2003 film was based on the non-fictonal multiple murders of drug dealers at one location in Los Angeles in the early ’80s?
2) What actor decided to change his name because there was already another actor named Michael Douglas?
A: Michael Keaton
3) Name the person that has been nominated for Oscars in the most categories.
A: George Clooney
4) At various points before it was produced, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Edward Norton and Ewan McGregor were all offered the leading role in what 2000 film?
A: “American Psycho”
5) What is the common thread connecting the first four questions and/or correct answers in this week’s trivia contest?
A: Performers appearing in movies referenced in the questions and/or answers have all played Batman in feature films (Val Kilmer, Michael Keaton, George Clooney and Christian Bale)
Now, for this week’s questions:
1) Name the last movie in which two actresses playing non-fictional sisters both received Oscar nominations.
2) How many different performers have appeared in movies as Hannibal Lecter?
3) Name the last person to receive an Oscar nomination for their performance in a comedy.
4) What is the common acting bond shared by the films “Forrest Gump,” “An Officer and A Gentleman,” “Chicago,” “America Gigolo,” “Days of Heaven,” “Scarface” and “Splash?”
5) What performer has received the most money either in salary or percentage of box-office for playing one character?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.