So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Johnny Robinson of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1) What make and model car do the title characters drive in “Thelma & Louise?”
A: A 1966 Ford Thunderbird
2) Name the last blood relatives to receive acting Oscar nominations in the same year.
A: Laura Dern and Diane Ladd in 1992 who starred as mother and daughter in “Rambling Rose”
3) What is the name of the magazine run by the Danny DeVito character in “L.A. Confidential?”
4) What type of athletic equipment was the title character paid to endorse in “Forrest Gump?”
A: Ping Pong paddles
5) What Oscar-nominated writer/actor and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame singer were married for just eight days in the ’70s?
A: Dennis Hopper and Michelle Philips
Now, for this week’s questions:
In “The 40-Year-Old Virgin,” the Steve Carell character screamed the name of what singer while having his chest waxed?
What is the common bond shared by Anthony Hopkins, John Cusack, Rich Little, Bob Gunton, Beau Bridges and Philip Baker Hall?
In “Caddyshack,” what song is heard when the Rodney Dangerfield character turns on the stereo located in his golf bag?
Name four movies where Robert Redford’s character rides a horse.
Name the last movie to win the Best Picture Oscar that was set and filmed in Georgia.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.