As the last weekend before school is officially back in session, cities around the county are hosting free movies and concerts as an end-of-summer hurrah. Make plans to pack a picnic, lay on a blanket and relax the night away.
Duluth hosts a Back 2 School Fun event and Flicks on the Bricks showing “Despicable Me.” Donate school supplies at City Hall.
• When: 4 to 10:30 p.m. today
• Where: Duluth Town Green, 3142 Hill St., Duluth
• For more information: Visit www.duluthga.net
The city of Grayson sponsors the viewing of “We Bought a Zoo.” Inflatables and food available before the movie begins at dusk.
• When: 7 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Grayson Park, One Park Drive, Grayson
• For more information: Visit www.cityofgrayson.org
When Sugar Hill’s Fourth of July celebration Sparks in the Park was rained out, it rescheduled this weekend with music, fireworks and “Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax.”
• When: 6:30 p.m. to midnight Saturday
• Where: E.E. Robinson Park, 850 Level Creek Road, Sugar Hill
• For more information: Visit www.cityofsugarhill.com
The city of Lawrenceville hosts is Brown Bag Series with Scott Douglas Steel Drums. Blankets, picnics and lunches are encouraged.
• When: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today
• Where: Gwinnett Historic Courthouse lawn, 185 W. Crogan St., Lawrenceville
• For more information: Visit www.visitlawrenceville.com
To continues its tradition, Norcross presents its 2013 Summer Concert Series with A-Town A-List, a group that plays decades of pop music.
• When: 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. today
• Where: Thrasher Park, 93 Park Drive, Norcross
• For more information: www.norcrossga.net