Thursday, April 25, 2013
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
LAWRENCEVILLE -- A grandmother and three children were home but escaped unharmed after a fire started in the garage and then spread to a two-story house in the 1500 block of Bramlett Hill Drive.
A neighbor reported the fire and Gwinnett firefighters arrived at 4:14 p.m. on Thursday to find the fire extended to the kitchen and into the attic, Gwinnett Fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge said. He said the fire appeared to have started in the garage and was sparked by a child playing with matches.
"The blaze caused heavy damage to the garage and main level and sent significant smoke and heat throughout the rest of the house," Rutledge said.
The Red Cross assisted the family of two adults and six children who were displaced by the damage. No injuries were reported.