Religious world leader to speak in Gwinnett

Tibet's exiled spiritual leader the Dalai Lama waves to spectators outside the Swiss Parliament building during his visit to Bern on April 16, 2013. The Dalai Lama is coming to the Arena at Gwinnett Center Oct. 8. (File photo/Reuters/Pascal Lauener)

DULUTH -- His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama is coming to Duluth, the arena announced Tuesday.

The lecture is slated for Oct. 8 and tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through www.gwinnettcenter.com, The Arena at Gwinnett Center Box Office or by calling 1-888-9-AXS-TIX. Prices range from $38 to $93.

This public talk by the Dalai Lama focuses on the fundamental human values that are the building blocks of an engaged and compassionate world in his speech called "The Pillars of Responsible Citizenship in the 21st Century Global Village" from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.

An additional panel discussion will follow with His Holiness, top scientists and educators to talk about secular ethics in education.

The Arena at Gwinnett Center is located at 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth.

-- From staff reports

Comments

FordGalaxy 12 months ago

No offense to "His Holiness"...but I wonder if the Gwinnett Gladiators are going to lose a home date because of this...

LilburnsFuture 12 months ago

Considering the season doesn't start until mid October, I doubt the Gladiators have much to worry about. I've heard him speak. He is a good speaker.

FordGalaxy 12 months ago

I was being facetious, LilburnsFuture. I'm among the group that is unhappy with Arena Management for not allowing their longest-serving tenant home playoff dates, hence my comment. I know the season doesn't start until the third week or so of October.

DonPedro_SanGomez_de_Martinez 12 months ago

And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

kayak 12 months ago

Hmmm. Should be an interesting topic to discuss - secular "ethnics" in education or "ethics" in education? Freudian slip perhaps?

Jan 12 months ago

Good catch but simply demonstrates that GDP proof readers are human or don't exist.