So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Paul Kakos of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
What sport was played on the roof of the convenience store in "Clerks?"
Which two fictional characters in different Quentin Tarantino movies were related to each other and a non-fictional singer?
A: Brothers Vic Vega (Michael Madsen in "Reservoir Dogs") and Vincent Vega (John Travolta in "Pulp Fiction") were first cousins of Suzanne Vega
In what U.S. state is the majority of "Looper" set?
Name a movie where Ben Kinsley played a criminal.
A: "Sneakers," "Death and the Maiden," "Bugsy," "Sexy Beast" and "You Kill Me"
In "Hit and Run" the lead characters' alias name is the same as which non-fictional person?
A: Charles Bronson
Now, for this week's questions:
- Name a male who received acting Oscar nominations in four consecutive years without a win.
- Name the last movie to win the Best Picture Oscar that was not set fully or in part in the U.S.
- What was Julia Roberts' character in "Pretty Woman" told by a co-worker never to do while with a client?
- What was the first movie with a $100-plus million production budget?
- In the Woody Allen movie "Sleeper," what make/model car from the 20th century is found and started in the 22nd century?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.