So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Steve Mattingly of Atlanta.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
In what movie directed by David Fincher was the principal female character portrayed by more than two actresses?
A: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (character: Daisy)
The character played by Eli Wallach in "The Godfather III" dies by poison after eating what food?
Name two performers in "Forrest Gump" that portrayed more than one character each.
A: Tom Hanks and Gary Sinise
Name an animated movie that has earned more than $1 billion via worldwide box office ticket sales.
A: "Toy Story 3"
Name someone to win an Oscar for playing a fictional performer in a film that played an actor/actress that was nominated for an Academy Award.
A: Maggie Smith in "California Suite"
Now, for this week's questions:
- Name the last person to host the Oscar telecast who was also nominated for an award on the same night.
- Name someone who won three or more Oscars for acting in a single five-year span.
- How many performers played multiple speaking characters in "The Wizard of Oz?"
- The first-ever album released on the Virgin label was included on the soundtrack of what landmark film?
- In "The Truman Show," what country was the title character trying to travel to?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.