Monday, April 1, 2013
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
LAWRENCEVILLE -- Two families were displaced after a kitchen fire badly burned their Lawrenceville townhome residence.
Crews responded Monday afternoon after a resident of the townhome at 207 Forest Place called to say that something in the kitchen had caught fire.
At 1:42 p.m., firefighters showed up and found heavy black and brown smoke coming out of the apartment unit, which was evacuated prior to the their arrival.
Lt. Colin Rhoden said that firefighters "quickly made entry to the single story brick duplex on a slab and extinguished the fire with fire attack hose lines from the engine."
Rhoden said that thorough searches were completed once the majority of the fire was put out. An investigator with Gwinnett Fire found the blaze to be accidental in nature and that it did originate in the kitchen area.
There were no reports of injuries, but the two adults and two children who lived there were displaced due to the extent of the damage. The Red Cross has been notified to assist.