So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Steve Mattingly of Atlanta.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
• In what movie did Richard Gere write his character's phone number on another character's forehead?
A: "American Gigolo"
• What actor appeared on the covers of two of the top 50 highest-selling albums of all-time?
A: John Travolta (the soundtracks for "Saturday Night Fever" and "Grease")
• What is the common acting bond shared by Brad Pitt, Paul Bettany, Val Kilmer, John Turturro, Ed Harris, Robert Blake and James Duvall?
A: All played imaginary characters
• In the '80s, there was a VHS home video released that combined "The Godfather" and "The Godfather II" with previously unreleased footage and was presented in chronological narrative order. What was the title of this now out of print video?
A: "The Godfather Epic 1901-1952"
• Name the last person to receive an Oscar nomination for playing a professional classroom teacher.
A: Although many have been nominated since, only Robert Donat in "Goodbye Mr. Chips" has won an Oscar for playing a teacher.
Now, for this week's questions:
- Name the last British comedy to receive an Oscar nomination for Best Picture.
- Roderick Jaynes has received two Oscar nominations for Best Editing. Why is that unusual?
- Name two movies where Woody Harrelson's character was a member of the military.
- What Nora Ephron screenplay was based in part on "GoodFellas?"
- Who first was originally cast as the Tin Man in "The Wizard of Oz?"
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.