2 Gwinnettians win lottery

ATLANTA -- Two Georgia Lottery jackpot winning tickets were sold from Gwinnett stores this week. Yesenia Frias of Lawrenceville won $250,000 after buying her ticket at an Amoco Food Shop in Norcross, while Bobby Daniels of Loganville won $327,744 with a ticket purchased from Quik Mart in Stone Mountain.

The news was a happy surprise for Frias, 25, and her family. She is expecting her fourth child with her husband, Alejandro, and is planning to buy a new house with her winnings.

"I'm expecting, and my due date is in October. It's a girl," Frias said. "I got excited. My husband felt happy, and he was surprised."

Daniels also won a jackpot. Daniels bought his ticket on Sept. 13 in the Fantasy 5 Quik Pik contest.

Comments

BuzzG 1 year, 6 months ago

How about some stories of the idiots who spend their paychecks at gas stations doing lottery tickets and then can't feed the kids.

news2me 1 year, 6 months ago

Do they take entitlements away if you win the lottery?

Cleanupguy 1 year, 6 months ago

Yeah - like Social Security, Medicare, VA Benefits and such!

Sthrnldy 1 year, 6 months ago

Do your research, they can be taken away! ;)

news2me 1 year, 6 months ago

Frias won $250K (before taxes) and is going to buy a house? This artical also indicates she is 25 years old and has 4 kids and and a husband that felt happy when she suprised him with the news. I would like to hear an update, in a year or so, to see just how this young happy family wisely spent their winnings.

John_Smith 1 year, 6 months ago

I bet she is currently on welfare/WIC and will be a year or so down the road.

Cleanupguy 1 year, 6 months ago

Just wondering how y'all posters above LIVE with your negative-always-look-for-the-worst corroded outlooks? One can only imagine (most sadly) you folks tossing stones at Jesus upon seeing Him, trying to be the FIRST to hit Him!

Sthrnldy 1 year, 6 months ago

Bless your bipolar heart, for caring about your own! Which multiple personality disorder is posting today? You have portrayed yourself as so many people, it must be hard to LIVE with yourselves! Misery loves company!

news2me 1 year, 6 months ago

LOL - Cleanupguy needs to cleanup his act. He must be an evangelical as well. Wonder how many glass houses he owns?

Mack711 1 year, 6 months ago

Have a friend win the Illinois Lottery for over 7.5 million take home. He is still working and has said on many occassions that he wished he had not won it. There were 'releatives' coming from everywhere, along with others who wanted 'donations' for this and that. He has moved twice and has changed his phone number many times Think it is a wise idea to claim the winnings without any one knowing who won it. You can do that here and in many states, but some you can not. Like news2me said let's check back in a year and see how they are doing. Remember if you can not afford to lose the money then do not play, odds are against you winning.