As of Thursday, September 13, 2012
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Chris FitzPatrick of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- In what movie did Nicolas Cage sing two Elvis Presley songs?
A: "Wild at Heart" ("Love Me" and "Love Me Tender")
- In what live-action movie did Anjelica Huston and John Cusack appear as themselves?
A: "The Player"
- What was the first movie about World War I that won the Oscar for Best Picture?
- Name the first franchise that received Best Picture Oscar nominations for all of its installments.
A: "The Godfather"
- In what movie did Roman Polanski's character assault Jack Nicholson's character?
Now, for this week's questions:
- Name the first movie featuring Charlize Theron where her character dies.
- Name someone who had the No. 1 single, the No. 1 album and starred in the No. 1 movie all in the same week in the '80s.
- In what movie did Jon Voight play a male prostitute?
- Name a movie that won Oscars in the lead and supporting acting categories and the characters portrayed by the winners were non-fictional.
- What was the occupation of the Ted Knight character in "Caddyshack"?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.