Gwinnett Republicans to host 'family voting day' trolley tour

The Gwinnett County Republican Party will host a "Romney-Ryan Family Voting Day Trolley Tour" Saturday at several locations throughout the county.

The bus tour will be feature U.S. Congressman Rob Woodall, local commissioner and Gwinnett Romney for President Chairman Mike Beaudreau and several other local officials. It will stop at the Gwinnett Elections Office (455 Grayson Highway, Lawrenceville) at 9 a.m.; the Dacula Park activity building (2735 Old Auburn Road, Dacula) at 10 a.m.; and the George Pierce Park recreation center (55 Buford Highway, Suwanee) at 11 a.m.

For the first time ever, voters will be able to case ballots on a Saturday at the county's satellite locations. Polls will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Comments

rco1847 1 year, 10 months ago

Too bad Shirley Lasiter and her son won't be there. Maybe Mr. Kenerly will be there or how about Charles Bannister? Yes sir, empty out the trailer parks for this one. The real Republican aristocracy will be there.

rco1847 1 year, 10 months ago

Correction: Soon to be ex-commissioner Mike Beaudreau

R 1 year, 10 months ago

Well he is the self proclaimed "trash" commissioner ...

(Smiles)

rco1847 1 year, 10 months ago

Remember the law prohibits campaigning near active polling unless you're a republican. For republicans the ruls never apply.

Jan 1 year, 10 months ago

"U.S. Congressman Rob Woodall, local commissioner and Gwinnett Romney for President Chairman Mike Beaudreau"

Seeing that the Romney campaign chose Beaudreau as lead is reason to not give him your vote and Woodall getting on the bus with him is reason not to vote for Woodall. It's time to clean up politics and vote out those insisting to support such associations.

NorcrossDot 1 year, 10 months ago

I admit when I saw President Chairman Mike Beaudreau for Romney it did cause me to pause. That's the step we need to take after Republicans get in office. CLEAN OUT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY starting with Gwinnett Co. and working our way up to the top. Time for the "Good Ole Boys" to exit.

R 1 year, 10 months ago

Mike got a deal on a dumpster this summer along with the small set of seniors. So the least he can do would be to fill it with those listed above and take out of the county for federal recycling.

Surely you recall Gwinnett BoC giving a break to some residents by INCREASING taxes, err sorry, "fees" on others to PAY for it so the Gwinnett Government's share wouldn't drop by one thin DIME of revenue.

THAT'S the status quo we have to CHANGE after this election...

Sandykin 1 year, 10 months ago

Beadreau has his faults to be sure, and I for one don't approve of him and have never voted for him. But, by your own argument, if you don't vote for Romney based on his association with Beaudreau than you definitely NOT vote for Obama either because he's associated much more directly with far more extremous people such as Bill Ayers and the Rev Wright.

GregRodgers 1 year, 10 months ago

Really? Bill Ayers and Rev Wright?

I thought the loonatics gave up on this nonsense a long time ago, but hey in a close election..I guess loonies will say anything...oh well.

R 1 year, 10 months ago

OK How about this? Former Gov. Jon Corzine

Another “I’ve got this thing, and it’s fu#$ing golden…” guy

Obama ‘Partner’ and Campaign Financier, Subpoenaed on MF Global Collapse

Former New Jersey governor and U.S. Sen. Jon Corzine, whom President Obama once hailed as an “honorable man” and one of his “best partners” in the White House, has been subpoenaed to testify before Congress about his role in the collapse of the investment firm MF Global. Corzine was chairman and CEO of the company between March 2010 and Oct. 31, 2011, when it filed for bankruptcy. An estimated $1.2 billion has not been accounted for, leaving many investor accounts drained. The FBI and Justice Department are also investigating the case.

Regulators are investigating whether hundreds of millions of dollars are missing from client accounts at a Wall Street firm run by former Gov. Jon Corzine, a federal official said tonight.

MF Global Holdings, a large commodities brokerage firm Corzine took over last year, filed for bankruptcy protection yesterday. In federal court papers, company officials said the European debt crisis had put the firm billions of dollars in debt.

Federal regulators learned of the discrepancies in MF Global’s client accounts while monitoring the firm’s books as the company spiraled into bankruptcy. Those accounting discrepancies helped doom a last-minute deal to sell part of MF Global to another company.

U.S. officials want to know if the missing money is a bookkeeping error or if MF Global improperly shifted client funds.

"We’re trying to figure out what happened and where that money was diverted to, if it was diverted at all," the federal official said. "We are looking into it intensely. We’re trying to figure out what happened to those customers’ funds."

John_Smith 1 year, 9 months ago

Obama clearly had a relationship with Rev. Wright. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

citized 1 year, 10 months ago

So I guess if I am a democrat I don't get a FREE ride to polling place????? I would just put on headphones while I'm traveling.

NewsReader 1 year, 10 months ago

Look, we all know rco1847, Jan, et al are socialists that would vote for Obama no matter what. But I have to say, an association with Beaudreau does little to help the conservative cause for anyone who is undecided. It may support the Republican party, but not what many of us who consider ourselves conservative support. Beaudreau's involvement isn't a good thing.

And the Gwinnett GOP? What a joke! These idiots orchestrated a meeting of Republicans, and when the media advertised the event as a meeting on the HOT lanes, things got rather testy and out of hand. They cannot sufficiently handle a simple meeting of this magnitude and adjust their meeting accordingly to address the concerns of their constituents. What makes anyone think that they can address a corner hot dog stand, let alone a trolley tour ~ which BTW I think is really stupid?

GregRodgers 1 year, 10 months ago

Socialists? Wow....

More Right Wing keywords meant to Scare folks.

Come on will you!!? I will say an association with a guy that the Majority hates will not get you far....but hey this is GA....just say Republican an Most people will vote that way.

How anyone can vote for Mitt Romney is beyond me....

"I am severely conservative and agree with Obama's Foriegn policy. I am for abortion today...but I made a mistake I am not for it tomorrow. I will be strong against China...but wait Bain is outsourcing jobs from Sensata so maybe not so tough...don't wanna mess up my 8 million in investments in that company.....Oh and I do not have 5 trillion in cuts.. when you do the math it's only 4.8 Trillion and I will close those cuts by elimination loopholes that don't add to much and I will not tell you which ones these are..."

I am Mitt Romney and I approve this message......I think...well maybe I won't tomorrow.....

apsLilburn 1 year, 10 months ago

I am a Republican and holding my nose as I state that. Events such as this are a complete joke. I don't care about family this or that. Look at all the so called GOP leaders we've had in Gwinnett County. They were all "family" people in addition to being some of the most corrupt. I want details of what the GOP plans to do to deal with the issues facing this county, state, and country. Though he is the local Romney chairman, who's idea was it to put Beaudreau on this thing. Beaudreau just reminds everyone how corrupt some of the local GOP members are.

Jan 1 year, 10 months ago

So, since Obama has laid out how he is going to improve the country and Romney has not, I am glad to see you will vote for the Democrats this time. (You could change parties, I don't need to hold my nose to vote)

apsLilburn 1 year, 10 months ago

My comments are locally pointed. You are correct however. Obama has told us he's going to raise taxes, spend us into oblivion, protect unions at all costs, expand the 47% with glee. Although I am disappointed with current GOP members, I would NEVER be stupid enough to vote for someone that wants me to work harder and harder to pay for folks that don't.

Jan 1 year, 10 months ago

You are obviously only listening to part of the message. Obama's tax plan would keep taxes at current rates for those under $250.000 income. He has proven his understanding that taxes need to be low for lower income by lowering taxes in this group more than the Bush tax cuts. He understands that the only way to achieve a fiscal responsible government is to begin the task of lowering the debt. This cannot be done without raising total tax revenue. Obama proposes the super wealthy to pay their fair share and is only proposing significant tax increase for those over $1 million annual income. The Republican plan will raise the taxes on the poorest people, Those people that spend 99.9% of their income. Take this money away from them and they will reduce spending and worsen the economy. We have a top heavy economy - too much wealth being hoarded at the top without job creating investments. Obama has proven his desire to get people back to work with good paying jobs, Romney has even stated he wants to abolish the minimum wage and unions so they can't complain when their salaries get cut. If Romney gets in, the homeless rate will rapidly increase as it did when Reagan cut taxes excessively on the wealthy.

Cleanupguy 1 year, 10 months ago

I've worked exclusively on GOP campaigns in Gwinnett for nearly 30 years, but I have a huge problem with Romney - he's taken on more varied positions on any given topic than the busiest adult movie star. In the last debate he seemed to have completed the morph into the incumbent, agreeing with everything that he had previously argued against, so I'm strongly leaning toward the original. Jeez Louise - look at the GOP "losers" in the field over which he triumphed - EL STINKO! Social Security and Medicare (socialist programs as incorrectly defined herein, just like police and fire departments, VA benefits, the military, etc.) are knocking at my door, and it would be great if they could be alive to answer.

Sthrnldy 1 year, 10 months ago

Bless your heart! Really? Don't forget to add in your 98% success rate as a political blowhard! You still know how to manufacture BS and cleanup your lies as a janitor, don't you?

Bless your multiple hearts!

NewsReader 1 year, 10 months ago

LMAO Sthrnldy! I thought I was the only one that remembered Cleanupguy's profound experience in politics. The idiot doesn't understand that police, fire, military, et al are NOT Socialist programs either.

news2me 1 year, 10 months ago

Yes, thank you sthrnldy! I am done with this guy's antics. You never know who he is going to be posting as (but always the progressive village idiot). Anybody that has that stellar of a professional - political achievement that he CLAIMS would NOT have the time or need to be posting such misinformation on a website. He would also be more well spoken and thought provoking. All he does is come on here and claim to be an expert in whatever the subject matter is, rude and arrogant (unless you agree with him).

None of us are perfect or always appropriate in what we say, but Cleanup and Say_that_again (Know_it ALL is more accurate) are NOT to be argued with. They have put themselves so high up on an imaginary anonymous pedestal, they can't be suprised when they get trampled on here!

Say_that_again 1 year, 10 months ago

Cleanupguy, we don't agree on many topics, however, it is always a riot to see how the factually challenged come out with stupid insults as if that were a legitimate argument. It reminds me of elementary school playground childish back and forth arguments: "your an idiot", "no, you are the idiot", " your a bigger idiot" "your stupid and ugly too" --- Definitely see signs of regression in these ridiculous reponses!!

news2me 1 year, 10 months ago

Not suprising, but you obviously condone lying by supporting Cleanupguy. I would provide links on where he has posed as multiple people under the same name (Cleanupguy), but there are just too many instances where he has lied. Do the research for yourself, since you obviously have nothing better to do in the wee hours of the morning.

However, I am not too suprised that you support lying and misinformation. After all you have said yourself: "Admittedly, plagiarism saves time." Below is the link (since you love Facts) so that everyone can see your slip of the tongue that is hanging out of your constantly open mouth:

Get some sleep, grow up, and get a life.

Kent 1 year, 10 months ago

I wander if Mike has always called himself a Republican? His Democrat style spending and involving government in roles which it should not be involved in, has cost the taxpayers millions now and far into the future. He is a political wanna-be rubbing noses with those in the party he thinks will give him political capital down the road. The likes of him have ruined the credibility of the so called conservative Republican party. I would just as soon vote for a Democrat rather than this rino. At least with a Democrat you know what you are getting up front. Woodall looses credibility when he associates with this corrupt looser.

CD 1 year, 10 months ago

First, Romney would not even know Mikey Boy by sight alone. Second, I can't imagine Romney would want to be seen in Gwinnett for any length of time, much less extol the "values" of the community at large—at large at least until their report date. Finally, there really is not much to contest here since few seem to look past the rhetoric of the Gormandizing Gestapo, so the electorate will thumb around on the ballot until they tag everything with an "R" by its name.

Jan 1 year, 10 months ago

Thank you. It is a such a rarity to see a reasonable argument come from a republican. However, you still had to put in a ridiculous insult with no facts to back it up.

Say_that_again 1 year, 10 months ago

I'll give you one fact: Gwinnett county has, for years, consistently voted for republicans, in local, state and national elections. They have demonstrated a preference for the guy with the "R" even whith tremendous evidence of taking bribes and influence peddling. This pretty much proves that they have been brainwashed to believe that the only requirement to earn their vote is having that "R".

R 1 year, 9 months ago

You do realize that most of these Rs carried Ds not many years before? This area is simply Reagan Red.

Say_that_again 1 year, 9 months ago

Those that switched were not Reaganites. They were Dixiecrats, the group that fought against integration and instigated various means to make it difficult for non-whites to vote, i.e. openly racist attitudes. No one has voted for Reagan for almost 30 years so the majority of today's voters were not even eligible to vote when Reagan ran. Also, Reagan started out as a Democrat and it is unlikely that he would have endorsed anyone that changed positions every time that his old position didn't match that of his audience.

NewsReader 1 year, 9 months ago

Your stupidity isn't worth the dignity of a response!

news2me 1 year, 10 months ago

Well I have said it before and I'll continue to say it, Gwinnett is the next Dekalb. The Republicans in Gwinnett are no worse than the corrupt brotherhood Democrats that have ruined Dekalb government, their schools (Dekalb and APS), and have had a stranglehold on the airport.

Be careful what you ask for, because it can and will be even worse with the Democrats that will be run out of Dekalb. Our population shift and increase is due Dekalb ex-pats. Just look at the flight of money out of this county.

Local politics in most metro areas leaves room for improvement, wheather it has a (D) or (R) attached!