0

3-day Komen Walk in Atlanta raises $4.2 million

ATLANTA — The Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk wrapped up this weekend in Atlanta, with more than $4.2 million raised for breast cancer research and awareness.

Officials said nearly 1,600 pink-clad walkers traveled 60 miles over three days before finishing Saturday at Turner Field. They averaged 20 miles per day and slept in tent along the way.

The Susan G. Komen Foundation said that 75 percent of the proceeds will go to national research and large public health outreach programs and the remaining 25 percent will support local community and affiliate outreach programs.

Comments

DeeinLoganville 2 years, 2 months ago

I would love to support the Susan G Komen foundation and what they stand for, but I refuse to support them because they allowed Planned Parenthood to bully them and continue to lie about what PP does! Get a backbone, folks, and I'll be in your corner!

0

Sign in to comment