So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Brian Moyer of Bethlehem.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
• Who was the last person to win an Oscar for playing a nonfictional professional musician?
A: Marion Cotillard ("La Vie en Rose")
• Name an Alfred Hitchcock movie that was partially filmed at a U.S. national park.
A: "North by Northwest" (Mt. Rushmore)
• What sporting goods company had prominent product placement in "Cast Away"?
• What movie marked the feature film acting debut of Britney Spears?
• Name a live-action movie where Bruce Willis did not appear but provided voice-over.
A: "Look Who's Talking" and "Look Who's Talking Too"
Now, for this week's questions:
- Name a movie where Paul Newman played a professional athlete.
- Name the last movie to win the Best Picture Oscar that shared its title with a song from its soundtrack.
- "The Deer Hunter" was set in Vietnam and which U.S. state?
- What nonfictional brand of soft drink did the title character consume too much of during his visit to the Kennedy White House in "Forrest Gump"?
- Morgan Fairchild provided stunt/body-double work for Faye Dunaway in which movie?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.