So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Vickie Dean of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
• Name the last two people to receive acting Oscar nominations for playing a non-fictional husband and wife couple in the same film.
A: Jennifer Connelly and Russell Crowe ("A Beautiful Mind"), and Judi Dench and Jim Broadbent ("Iris") both did so in 2002
• Name the last person to refuse an Academy Award for acting.
A: Marlon Brando in 1973 for "The Godfather"
• Name two men that have directed Denzel Washington in three or more movies each.
A: Spike Lee, Tony Scott and Edward Zwick
• Name the last novel that resulted in a film adaptation that grossed more than $300 million at the box office in the U.S. alone.
A: "The Hunger Games"
• Name the last movie released where Tom Cruise's character dies.
Now, for this week's questions:
- Which actor's character refuses to leave his portion of a tip in "Reservoir Dogs?"
- What is the common movie bond shared by Sigourney Weaver, Elizabeth Banks, Joan Allen, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Laura Linney, Blair Brown and Jayne Alexander?
- Regarding the "Q" character in the James Bond movies -- what is "Q" short for?
- Name a movie where Richard Gere played an attorney.
- Name a movie where Mick Jagger acted and provided music.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.