As of Wednesday, May 9, 2012
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Isaac Feldberg of Sudbury, Mass.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- Name the last movie to win Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Screenplay (either original or adapted).
A: "The King's Speech"
- What is the non-acting common bond shared by the only people to win posthumous Oscars for acting?
A: Peter Finch and Heath Ledger were both born in Australia
3. In "Thelma & Louise," what food did the Geena Davis character alternately nibble on and then place back into her refrigerator?
A: A candy bar
- What is the birthday of the Vito Corleone character in "The Godfather" franchise?
A: Dec. 7
- Name a movie where Mel Gibson's character spoke a language other than English.
A: "Braveheart" (Latin and French)
Now, for this week's questions:
Name two siblings that were nominated for acting Oscars on the same night.
The last act of "Out of Sight" took place in what city?
Name someone who appeared in a "Police Academy" movie and played in a Super Bowl.
Name the last movie to win the Best Picture Oscar that was based on another film.
Within 10 years high or low, in what year was the first 3-D feature film released?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.