As of Wednesday, May 2, 2012
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Brian Moyer of Bethlehem.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- What fast-food chain does Tony Stark visit when returning home after being held prisoner in "Iron Man"?
A: Burger King
- What '80s band does the Rodney Dangerfield character listen to while playing golf in "Caddyshack"?
- In what Oscar-winning movie did Peter Frampton play a fictional musician?
A: "Almost Famous"
- What two non-fictional soft drinks does the Michael J. Fox character try unsuccessfully to order in a coffee shop in "Back to the Future"?
A: Pepsi Free and Tab
- Name two feature films where Chris Cooper played a non-fictional character.
A: Answers included: "Adaptation," "Breach," "Capote," "October Sky" and "Seabiscuit"
Now, for this week's questions:
Name the last movie to win Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Screenplay (either original or adapted).
What is the non-acting common bond shared by the only people to win posthumous Oscars for acting?
In "Thelma & Louise," what food did the Geena Davis character alternately nibble on and then place back into her refrigerator?
What is the birthday of the Vito Corleone character in "The Godfather" franchise?
Name a movie where Mel Gibson's character spoke a language other than English.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.