Ippolito's Dacula location closes

DACULA -- A popular Dacula eatery shut its doors recently.

According to a phone message, Ippolito's restaurant's Braselton Highway location in the Hamilton Mill community closed because its revenues were not high enough.

The Italian restaurant, founded in 1989, has five metro Atlanta locations, including ones in Suwanee and Norcorss.

In the message, management encouraged people to continue patronizing the nearby locations.

Comments

HonestIngine 2 years ago

Quality of their product, was just not there.

Gundoctor1 2 years ago

They gave away too many birthday dinners. I meant they should have given away MORE birthday dinners. ha ha. Sorry guys. You can just open under another name.

jveritas2012 2 years ago

You sir are either incredibly mistaken or this is some attempt to be clever. Ippolito's does not nor have they ever given free birthday dinners. They give cannolis for your birthday, that is all. Perhaps you are thinking of BiBa's (the Ippolito's rip off). Or possibly Provino's which actually does give free birthday dinners.

jjbod1 2 years ago

I myself had never ate at that location. But several friends of mine had, and all of them said the service was beyond horrible, and the food quality was no where near the other locations. So i am not surprised to read this story.

kevin 2 years ago

blame our economy and unemployment rates and lest not forgot our gas prices, from $1.86/gal to $3.80/gal, within the last 3 yrs.

jimsung25 2 years ago

The restaurant in Suwanee is outstanding. They have excellent service and food. It's expensive, but we really enjoy our experience every time we go.

RiggaTony 2 years ago

Can't say I'm too disappointed. I'm a little leery of all non-American establishments, as I feel they exist to make us comfortable with idea of foreigners taking over. Although European eateries don't bother me near as much as the increased proliferation of all these 'Mexican' restaurants (in other words, illegals at work).

jveritas2012 2 years ago

This cannot possibly be a real post, no one is this much of an ill-informed bigot, "non-American establishment"? Ippolito's was founded by a couple from connecticut and is owned by guys from New York, Connecticut, Georgia, West Virginia etc. Do a little research before you post idiocy and don't use big words when you don't know what they mean. "Proliferation" makes no sense in the way you used it in a sentence.

RiggaTony 2 years ago

By non-American, I mean offering fare that is representative of another country and culture, not its ownership. Everywhere I turn, I see restaurants representing nearly every country around the globe, but there appears to be fewer establishments that offer traditional American culinary choices. I believe this is just further evidence of encroaching globalism.

And you are correct about my grammar. I should have omitted the word 'increased' from the final sentence to avoid redundancy. I would agree that as posters to the county paper of record, we should hold ourselves to a higher literary standard.

Davis 2 years ago

I stopped going to the one in Suwanee a few months ago. I went in for a take out order and the 20-something behind the bar tried to over charge me by 50%, keep my change, and then on top of it was just rude and tried to embarrass me - with my two young children right behind me! Clearly, she had some life-psycho-emotional issues, but when I raised the issue with the manager/owner via email, nothing was ever done. In my book, there are way too many dining options to enjoy than to tolerate ridiculous behavior, bad 'service,' or inattention to quality.

ugggh 1 year, 11 months ago

I wish that strip mall was still trees. Hamilton Mill area is an epic fail. Nice people around there are extremely rare. Money (or lack of) is not the problem, just tons of attitude. There's a huge cleared area right up the street waiting for more failures like this one. Biba's Spout Springs is great btw.