LETTER: Christ may be nauseated by Christian's comments

This has reference to Mr. Roy Robinson's comment that he is a conservative Christian and is in favor of Sunday liquor sales.

Apparently Mr. Robinson doesn't read the same Bible that I read.

"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth." (Revelation 3:15-16)

These are the words of Jesus.

I suspect Jesus grabbed for His barf bag when he heard Mr. Robinson's comments.

-- Rastus Franklin

Dacula

Comments

dentaldawg83 2 years, 7 months ago

Rastus

you think Jesus is ok with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?

Sthrnldy 2 years, 7 months ago

I am constantly nauseated by Christians and a heck of a lot more non-Christians that use the Bible, God and Jesus to get their policitical talking points across. While is bad enough that Christians do it, the only reason a non-religous person studies the bible and pukes out such nonsense is for arguments sake against anything good. It is sad neither group learns or comprehends a thing from their constant reading of the testament.

kevin 2 years, 6 months ago

The Bible is a book to learn from and live by, be it politcial life or otherwise. Don't you think politics was alive back in those days? Maybe you should be reading it and comprehending it.

Sthrnldy 2 years, 6 months ago

Bless your heart, kevin. I am a Christian and an avid reader of the bible. Bets are I comprehend it alot better than you do, as your post reply to me indicates. I just don't feel the need to ram it down people's throats with a "holier than thou attitude". Maybe you should adhere to the golden rule first - do unto others ...

Never be boastful about your faith. Be proud of it, live it, but don't preach it ad naseum. People have to learn for themselves in order to become believers. Forcing your religious opinions on anyone will turn them off.

LarryMajor 2 years, 7 months ago

Apparently, the rest of us really don’t read the same Bible you read. The first miracle Jesus performed, according to the Gospel of John, was changing water into wine at the Marriage at Cana. There are numerous New Testament accounts of the first Christians drinking wine on The Lord’s Day – the day we now call Sunday. Also, the book of Revelations was written by the Apostle John, based on revelations from God the Father. The verses you quoted were a message to “the angel of the church of the Laodiceans” (Revelation 3:14) - not, as you incorrectly claimed, something Jesus said. If Jesus had to grab a barf bag over anything, I suspect it would be misrepresenting Holy Scripture to support a personal opinion.

RiggaTony 2 years, 7 months ago

Bless you, Mr. Franklin, for standing up for what is right.

FordGalaxy 2 years, 7 months ago

Rastus (may I call you Rastus?), surely you realize that, if you think it is wrong to drink on Sunday, it is also wrong to use the rule of law to force your religious beliefs on others.