As of Thursday, March 8, 2012
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark
Congratulations to last week's winner, Bob Chatfield of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- The lead character in "White Hunter Black Heart" is based on which non-fictional filmmaker?
A: John Huston
- What is the common bond shared by Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriwether, Julie Newmar, Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry and Anne Hathaway?
A: All have played the role of "Catwoman."
- During the segment set in Minnesota, the title of what '70s movie is shown on the marquee in "Field of Dreams"?
A: "The Godfather"
- In what movie did Meryl Streep play on a non-fictional character accused of murder?
A: "A Cry in the Dark" aka "Evil Angels"
- In what 2011 movie did Jessica Chastain play an Israeli woman?
A: "The Debt"
Now, for this week's questions:
What is the common movie bond shared by Tina Turner, the Pretenders, Duran Duran, Paul McCartney, Carly Simon, Sheryl Crow and Madonna?
Prior to "The Artist," what was the last black & white movie to win the Best Picture Oscar?
What was the make and model of the car (also the title character) in "Christine"?
Who was the last person who won the Golden Globe but lost the Oscar for Best Director in the same year?
What movie starring Johnny Depp was presented in "real time" (the running time of the film being the same length as the story)?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name, to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.