As of Monday, March 5, 2012
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
NORCROSS -- A man was displaced from a Norcross townhouse he was in the process of moving into Sunday night when boxes stacked atop a stove caught fire, officials said.
Firefighters responded at 9:56 p.m. to the two-story apartment in the 5600 block of Executive Way and quickly brought the blaze under control, said Fire Department spokesman Lt. Eric Eberly.
No injuries were reported, though the apartment sustained significant damage, requiring the tenant to find other living arrangements, Eberly said. Adjoining apartments sustained minor smoke and water damage.
Officials ruled the fire accidental, caused by the tenant leaving boxed items atop the stove while unaware the heating element was on, Eberly said.