As of Friday, March 2, 2012
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark
Congratulations to last week's winner, Brian Moyer of Bethlehem.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- What is the common, nonprofessional bond shared by George Clooney, Johnny Depp, Irene Dunne, Victor Mature, Patricia Neal, Diane Sawyer, Gus Van Zant and Sean Young?
A: They were all born in Kentucky.
- Name someone who won an acting Oscar for playing a German soldier.
A: Christoph Waltz in "Inglourious Basterds"
- Name two multi-Oscar winning men who have directed themselves in at least 20 films each.
A: Charlie Chaplin, Clint Eastwood and Woody Allen
- What nonfictional U.S. president is depicted in the movie "Black Sunday?"
A: Jimmy Carter
- What famous classical composition accompanies the opening scene in "2001: A Space Odyssey?"
A: "Also Sprach Zarathustra (Thus Spoke Zarathustra)" by Richard Strauss
Now, for this week's questions:
- The lead character in "White Hunter Black Heart" is based on which nonfictional filmmaker?
- What is the common bond shared by Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriwether, Julie Newmar, Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry and Anne Hathaway?
- During the segment set in Minnesota, the title of what '70s movie is shown on the marquee in "Field of Dreams?"
- In what movie did Meryl Streep play a non-fictional character accused of murder?
- In what 2011 movie did Jessica Chastain play an Israeli woman?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.