IF YOU GO
• What: Summer Rock Series Concert
• When: Kickoff is Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
• Where: Wild Bill’s, 2075 Market St., Duluth
• Cost: $15 in advance, $20 at the door
• For more information: Visit www.wildbillsatla...
• Saturday: Skid Row
• June 16: Jackyl and Nigel Dupree
• June 30: Project 9-6-1’s Under the Covers with Aly featuring Foxy Shazam, Ill Communication and Nine Inch Neil’s
• July 7: Aaron Lewis
• July 21: Rehab
• July 27: Dangerous New Machine, SUPER bob and Viasava
More concerts to be announced during the season.
DULUTH -- Saturday, New Jersey's Skid Row kicks off Wild Bill's summer concert series with special guests The Dreaded Marco and Big Foot, both hailing from Atlanta.
The rock group isn't the only big name coming to the Duluth music venue. Names like Aaron Lewis of Staind, rehab and Jackyl have been announced in this year's lineup.
Skid Row is extremely excited to perform again at Wild Bill's. The group last played there in September.
"We will deliver the high energy show that everyone has come to expect from Skid Row," bassist Rachel Bolan said about the show. "Classic material mixed with newer material and possibly a surprise or two."
The group will be playing hits from their early albums, including "18 and Life," "I Remember You" and "Youth Gone Wild," plus some newer tunes the public hasn't heard yet.
Since the release from their 2006 album, "Revolutions per Minute," the guys have been working on a new record to share with their fans.
It is scheduled for release sometime in 2012.
Wild Bill's believes "Skid Row is the ideal band to kick off the Summer Rock Series because they were a part of both previous series, and they have developed quite a loyal fan base in metro Atlanta with two-fifths of the band residing here."
Drummer Rob Hammersmith and Bolan live in metro Atlanta.
The show is for adults 18 years and older only. Bands take the stage at 9:30 p.m. The venue closes at 2 a.m.