As of Thursday, June 7, 2012
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Michelle Jameson of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- Name the first person to receive a salary of $20 million to star in a movie and for a bonus point, name the film.
A: Jim Carrey in "The Cable Guy"
- Michael Jackson purchased at an auction an Oscar awarded to which movie?
A: "Gone with the Wind"
- Which actor first turned down the role of Han Solo in the "Star Wars" franchise that eventually went to Harrison Ford?
A: Burt Reynolds
- Name the last female to win an Oscar for playing a non-fictional character.
A: Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady" (2012)
- In what city is the MIB agency located in the "Men in Black" franchise?
A: New York City
Now, for this week's questions:
- What is the last name of the family that has received the most Oscar nominations?
- "Saving Private Ryan" is set mostly in what country?
- In "The Sandlot," there is a signed baseball shown. Whose signature is on the ball?
- Name the last person nominated for an Oscar for playing a non-fictional U.S. president.
- What is the common acting bond shared by Kenneth Branagh, Alan Cummings, Bill Murray, Christopher Plummer, Jon Voight and Jason Robards?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.