Tuesday, June 5, 2012
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
DORAVILLE -- To the relief of concerned neighbors, no residents were stranded inside a home as Gwinnett County firefighters battled the flames coming from its side Tuesday night.
Fire crews arrived at the home on the 6200 block of Susan Lane in Doraville at about 6:45 p.m. Tuesday after a neighbor reported the flames. Several people at the scene stated that someone was still inside the home, fire department spokesman Capt. Eric Eberly said.
Crews entered the home but were forced back out due to the intensity of the flames. After the flames were extinguished, firefighters re-entered but found the home empty.
It was later determined that a male resident had left food cooking outside unattended and fled when he returned to find the fire, Eberly said. He was presumed OK, Eberly said.