So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, David Branch of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
• What was Stanley Kubrick's first movie filmed in color?
A: Technically it was the short "Seafarers" but his first color feature was "Spartacus"
• What classic rock album's lyrics supposedly match the live action taking place in 'The Wizard of Oz"?
A: "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd (check it out: www.dark-side-of-the-rainbow.com)
• "Deliverance" was filmed in Georgia. Where was it set?
A: South Carolina and Georgia
• Who has received the most acting Oscar nominations for playing non-fictional characters?
A: Meryl Streep has been nominated for playing six non-fictional characters
• What movie that featured Adam Sandler in a leading role fared the worst at the box office?
A: "Punch-Drunk Love"
Now, for this week's questions:
- W.C. Fields turned down the title role in what very famous movie?
- What two real-life brothers had significant speaking roles in "Caddyshack"?
- What 2000's movie -- featuring mostly puppets -- was originally rated NC-17 before being cut multiple times and eventually receiving an "R" rating?
- Which well-known liberal-leaning performer's mother recently received heavy media attention for her conservative-leaning political comments?
- What live-action movie franchise has had the most installments (this includes reboots)?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.