As of Monday, July 2, 2012
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
G-Braves 3, Knights 2, 12 innings
• What happened: The G-Braves won their second straight game in the final at-bat with Tyler Pastornicky grounding into an RBI fielder's choice in the bottom of the 12th inning to score Luis Durango. It was the only run the G-Braves scored not off a home run getting to solo shots from Ernesto Mejia and Christian Marrero early in the game. Gwinnett got eight strong innings from starter Yohan Flande who allowed two runs, one earned, off four hits with three strikeouts. Reliver Jaye Chapman, Dusty Hughes and D.J. Carrasco took it the rest of the way, stranding five Knights and allowing just two hits.
• Stat of the day: Gwinnett's two-game winning streak is the first for the G-Braves since sweeping a doubleheader on June 15 and first on different days since May 28 and 29 against Lehigh Valley.
• Tied for best: Felix Pie's team-high 14-game hitting streak ended Monday, leaving him tied for the club record for consecutive hits with Barbaro Canizares who strung together 14 games in 2010.
• Bat to glove: After giving the G-Braves a lead in the fourth with his 16th home run, Ernesto Mejia saved a lead-off hit in the fifth with a diving stop to his right to retire Jim Gallagher.
• Up next: Gwinnett finishes its home series with Charlotte tonight at 7 p.m. sending RHP Julio Teheran (5-5, 4.50 ERA) against LHP Charlie Leesman (7-6, 2.45).