Resident injured in fire caused by lint in dryer

AUBURN -- An Auburn resident was injured while trying to extinguish flames at his Main Street home Tuesday morning, as firefighters managed to bring the blaze under control and save a pair of puppies from the residence.

Barrow County firefighters responded to the home just after 9:30 a.m., finding heavy smoke and a "moderate" fire in the back door of the home, spokesman Lt. Scott Dakin said. Working aggressively, they were able to extinguish the fire quickly and "were also able to save two puppies from the fire."

Officials did not release specific information about the resident's injuries, but said they were sustained while attempting to put out the blaze.

"We want to remind all citizens that when there is a fire in your home the safest thing to do is leave," Dakin said.

Investigators determined the fire was caused by lint buildup in the home's clothes dryer.


kevin 3 years, 3 months ago

And people say all the time this will never happen? I bet only about 50% clean their vents regularly. $80-100 will get someone else to do it for you. That is a very steep price to pay for such a simply job.


Sign in to comment