As of Saturday, January 7, 2012
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
SUWANEE -- A house fire in Suwanee early Friday evening was caused by food left unattended on the stove, officials said.
Gwinnett County firefighters arrived at the home on the 2100 block of Deer Trail at about 5:30 p.m., finding heavy flames and smoke showing from the roof, spokesman Lt. Eric Eberly said. Upon entry, firefighters searched the single-story house for victims before bringing the blaze under control.
The fire caused extensive damage to the kitchen area as well as the roof above the kitchen, Eberly said.
No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.