Thursday, February 16, 2012
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Stan Samples of Suwanee.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- Name two movies in which Robin Williams played a non-fictional character.
A: "Good Morning Vietnam," "Patch Adams" and the "Night at the Museum" franchise
- What brand of underwear did Michael J. Fox's character wear in "Back to the Future?"
A: Calvin Klein
- What is the common acting bond shared by: Benicio del Toro, Jack Nicholson, Susan Blakely, Michael Landon, Jason Bateman and Rutger Hauer?
A: They have all played werewolves
- Name three people who appeared in "GoodFellas" and were regular cast members on "The Sopranos."
A: Lorraine Bracco, Michael Imperioli, Frank Vincent, Tony Sirico and Frank Pellegrino (close to two dozen other performers had bit parts in both).
- Name a movie where the entire cast received Oscar nominations.
A: "Sleuth" (1972) and "Give 'em Hell Harry!"
Now, for this week's questions:
In what U.S. state and European country is "Interview with the Vampire" set?
What company does the Tom Hanks character work for in "Cast Away?"
What make of car did the Dustin Hoffman character drive in "The Graduate?"
Who was Kevin Costner's first choice to play the female lead in "The Bodyguard?" (hint: it was not Whitney Houston)
What was the first animated film to top $1 billion at the box office (worldwide)?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.