Tuesday, February 14, 2012
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
STONE MOUNTAIN -- Businesses at the 150 block of Villa Park Circle were evacuated Tuesday morning as firefighters responded to a reported gas leak nearby.
On arrival at 9:23 a.m., crews found an active leak between the road and four small commercial businesses. Three employees were safely evacuated according to Lt. Eric Eberly with Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services.
Eberly said the department of water resources was installing a new water main "when the gas line was inadvertently struck."
Gwinnett County Fire Haz-Mat technicians monitored the area's air quality while Atlanta Gas Light crews secured the six-inch gas main break.
Eberly said the incident was under control by 11 a.m., and there were no injuries to report.