As of Saturday, February 4, 2012
© Copyright 2014 Gwinnett Daily Post
- Go to the Suwanee Greenway. Whether you enjoy walking or running, the trails on the greenway stretch 9.5 miles and offer multiple creekside views and forested wetlands. It's also a great place to see all kinds of dogs and meet other runners. And who knows, you might even see some deer like I have.
- Stop by Dress Up Boutique. This shop, located in Suwanee Town Center, has dresses, skirts, shirts, shoes and accessories for the young, professional woman. Prices range anywhere from as low as $15 to $50 and there are only three of each item of clothing and they're never duplicated.
- Have lunch or dinner at Ippolito's. This Italian restaurant, located in Suwanee Town Center, is one of my favorite places to eat. The cheese tortellini is hearty and delicious and their homemade garlic rolls are made fresh daily. For vino lovers, every Monday and Tuesday they offer half off bottles of wine.
- For a cool place to hang out after dinner or to just have a drink, stop by After Five, located off of Peachtree Industrial Boulevard. This lounge is connected to Cinco Mexican Cantina and offers free, live music some nights.
- If you want to give back to the community, stop by the Georgia SPCA off Buford Highway. The facility is always in need of volunteers to help clean the building and walk the dogs up for adoption. The next volunteer orientation is at 5 p.m. Feb. 19 at the facility. For more information, visit www.georgiaspca.org.
More like this story
- Scenes from Suwanee: Find the right shoes and head to a park ( February 11, 2012 )
- Summertime recipes for picnics and grilling parties ( June 29, 2012 )
- Collins Hill's Hambolu, Norcross' Callahan win pair of region titles ( April 18, 2013 )
- MCLEOD: 7 books that changed my life ( December 14, 2012 )
- Role reversal still brings 8-AAAAAA track sweep for Brookwood ( April 18, 2013 )