As of Thursday, December 27, 2012
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Karen Pirkle of Snellville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- What was the original working title of "The Godfather III"?
A: "The Death of Michael Corleone"
- "Animal House" was mostly filmed but not set in which U.S. state?
- The character played by Kevin Costner in "JFK" was a district attorney from what U.S. city?
A: New Orleans
- Which character was the last to die in "Saving Private Ryan"?
A: Captain Jon Miller (Tom Hanks)
- What was the last year that a major Academy Award resulted in a tie?
A: 1969 (Barbra Streisand and Katherine Hepburn for Best Lead Actress)
Now, for this week's questions:
- What are the three "band" colors for movie trailers?
- What was under glass until the glass was broken and the item was removed by the Danny DeVito character in "War of the Roses"?
- In "Hitch," the Will Smith and Eva Mendes characters had a date that ended at what iconic New York landmark?
- The girl group in "Dreamgirls" was based on what non-fictional '60s girl group?
- Who was the last person to receive an Oscar nomination for playing a non-fictional actor or actress?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.