So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, William Radford of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
• Which studio won the first ever Academy Award for Best Animated Picture?
A: DreamWorks ("Shrek")
• What is the common bond shared by these movies: "From Hell," "Sin City," "Road to Perdition," "Kick-Ass," "V for Vendetta," "300," "Red" and "A History of Violence"?
A: All are based on graphic novels
• What is the longest movie to ever win the Best Picture Oscar?
A: "Gone with the Wind"
• Name an actress who played Tom Hanks' character's mother in one film and his love interest in another.
A: Sally Field ("Forrest Gump" and "Punchline")
• Who was the last person to win an acting Oscar for playing a non-fictional monarch?
A: Colin Firth as George VI in "The King's Speech"
Now, for this week's questions:
What is the common bond shard by the movies: "Driving Miss Daisy," "Fled," "Beauty Shop," "Sharky's Machine," "Zombieland," "Life as We Know It," "Contagion" and "The Change-Up"?
What movie studio -- only in business between 1990 and 2000 -- shared its name with a month of the year?
In what X-rated film did Helen Mirren appear?
Name a Shakespeare play that was adapted into a movie with a different title while also being set in a modern day high school.
Name the last minor (someone under the age of 18 at the time) to be nominated for an acting Oscar in a lead category.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.