Official: Man killed by police rushed cops with gun

Roger Clark

Roger Clark

photo

Thomas Clark

photo

LAWRENCEVILLE -- A reportedly suicidal Lawrenceville man shot and killed by Gwinnett County police Thursday night had yelled at officers and came at them while pointing a rifle, police officials said Friday.

The shooting riled family members and eventually led to two arrests. Police officials said the officers were reluctant to fire, but ultimately had to. They detailed Friday what had transpired during a tense hour at the 556 Trophy Trail home near Lawrenceville.

About 6:30 p.m., officers arrived at the home of James Clark, 32, after a friend had reported that Clark cut his arm with a knife and was armed with a gun.

The friend "advised that Clark had fired two shots prior to his arrival" and then ordered him to leave, Gwinnett police spokesman Cpl. Jake Smith said Friday.

The first of several police units arrived on scene at 6:41 p.m.

Eight minutes later, Clark emerged from the home carrying a deer rifle with a mounted scope, but he made no threatening moves at first, Smith said. Officers attempted to negotiate with Clark, who remained near an entrance to the home's carport, for the next 14 minutes, convincing him at one point to put the rifle down, Smith said.

"(Clark) picked it back up a short time later," he said.

Finally, Clark climbed onto the roof of a car parked outside the carport and yelled at officers. At 7:03 p.m., he began walking toward police while pointing the rifle at them, Smith said.

Two officers fired their weapons at Clark, killing him.

About 7:20 p.m., members of Clark's family began arriving at the scene.

"Understandably," said Smith, "they were very upset."

At one point, Clark's mother circumvented police tape and entered the crime scene, trying to elude officers; she was not arrested. Clark's brother, Robert, 34, and father, Thomas, 65, demanded answers in the shooting, shouting profanity and threats at officers, which prompted their arrests, Smith said.

Both were charged with disorderly conduct. They were released from the Gwinnett County Jail after posting $135 cash bond Friday, records show.

"The family's behavior was given special consideration due to the circumstances," Smith said.

Robert Clark told other media outlets he believed his brother was holding a pellet gun when officers shot and killed him. Smith, however, confirmed the weapon was a Remington .270 deer rifle. He released a photo of the gun to metro Atlanta media Friday.

The two officers who fired on Clark have been placed on standard administrative leave, pending an investigation by the Gwinnett police deadly force investigation team. Neither officer was named.

Smith said the team is comprised of investigators from the department's internal affairs, crime scene and homicide units, as well as the county's Medical Examiner's Office and District Attorney's Office.

According to the 911 caller, Clark was upset because of a dometic dispute, Smith said.

Comments

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

A swat team could have handled this appropriately...then the man would still be alive. NO VIDEO DASH CAMS I BET...GWINNETT CANT AFFORD BUT CAN AFFORD THE FANCY COURTHOUSE. WHO KNOWS HE MAY HAVE HAD ONLY A BB GUN..AND THE OTHER GUN PLANTED. SCARES ME..GWINNETT CO PD IS NOT SPENDING ITS MONEY WISELY NEITHER IS THE COUNTY FOR ALLOWING POLICE OFFICERS TO BE WITHOUT VIDEO DASHCAM IN ALL CARS.

LilburnLady 1 year, 11 months ago

We had a similar incident in our neighborhood last year. A young man got into a fight with his girlfriend and then started brandishing a weapon. She and the man's mother got out of the house and called police. The man retreated to the basement and a SWAT team arrived on the scene. All night long, they talked to him via cellphone and tried to get him to come out. Then, they started lobbing smoke and bang grenades into the house to try to get him to come out. He ended up killing himself with the gun. All of his friends and relatives were angry at the SWAT team because they thought they could have talked him out.

It's easy to play armchair quarterback after the fact. The reality is, if someone is intent on killing themselves or committing "suicide by cop", as this appears, the best efforts of the best trained law enforcement will not prevent it. It's very sad when this happens and I feel for the family, but the blame is not on the police, it's on the person who decided to point a loaded weapon at a police officer and pull the trigger.

TOWG 1 year, 11 months ago

Debbie, Your caps lock...turn it off. Didn't your Momma teach you it's not polite to yell?

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

Anyone that is involved with the Occupy movement never learned about manners or morals.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

hey towg,,,,who says im yellin,,,,maybe ur politeness is in small letters,,,not into comformity with others sorry,,,your mistake

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

did your Mom teach you to respect others TOWG? did your Mom also tell u to be the judge of what others think?

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

Bless your heart, I highly doubt you even reside in Gwinnett.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

glad to see your support of occupy walton..wow

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

Bless your heart, debbiestorm! I figured since you live in Walton county and I live in Gwinnett, it is the least I could do to support the cause because you are doing absolutely nothing to support the community that you actually reside in!

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

oh really where? question everything assume nothin

notblind 1 year, 11 months ago

The officers reluctantly did exactly what they had to do. The person had already fired shots so obviously he didn't have a bb gun. If your loved one had have been harmed by shots fired by the deranged person then you would be screaming the police didn't do their job.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

not blind.....he had a bb gun Notblind........u have no clue what shoulda been done..ive been to a home where a suicidal person was and reported the incident myself....swat team and dogs where there all nite...person was not injured at all...swat team shoulda went to this scene or cops trained for the mentally ill. and this incident that i was at unrelated to this one...nOBODY got hurt...so gwinnett is being cheap at helping the mentally ill..cheaper to kill them i guess.....now the family can never get their son back..here again...video dash cams or camera phone would have come in handy

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

WHO KNOWS HE MAY HAVE HAD ONLY A BB GUN..AND THE OTHER GUN PLANTED. SCARES ME..

debbiestorm, so you actually believe that the police planted a gun?

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

She was there, she's everywhere, she's Miss Occupy!

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

to all the people who beleive that there are all totally honest reputable cops in gwinnett....just wait till it effects someone u know. you will c then.

Motor76 1 year, 11 months ago

Let's see...two dead cops and one living, suicidal, self mutilating, voilent, maniac OR one dead, suicidal, self mutilating, violent, maniac and two living cops on administrative leave. I think the GOOD people of Gwinnett would chose the latter...the GCPD sure did.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

Motor76, when gwinnett co pd can provide video footage, u got proof. currently there is nothing in place of the sort other than dui cars and some select few vehicles. you have nothing to go on except the officers words as to what really happened. and you can research the law library and find many cases all over the world where weapons are planted, i have done my research, have you? gwinnett co pd and gwinnett co board of commissioners refuse to install video dash cams in all cars and wont even video tape using cell phones unless it is in their favor in most cases...but check out youtube, you will see some very imcriminating tapes of abuse by cops. in gwinnett

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

sthrnidy........proof? have u researched the number of police brutality cases at emory law library? the proof would have been very simple with the use of a video ......u must not have any legal training or just always trust cops no matter who they are. some are good some are bad just like any profession. my name is not miss occupy. its not a joke there have been 3 fatal shootings in gwinnett by cops in the last few mos. i was never involved in the hot lane peach debate...occupy is diverse. make myself look crazy? how crazy is it that so many have been killed by cops lately? u dial 911 i wont.

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

Bless your heart, when you don't like comments have them removed! The truth is painful, atleast for you that is! You need to stop stating you have this legal background and are a know-it-all about law enforcement. No one is buying that you a clue as to what you are saying. The police planted a BB gun, and you know it - LMAO!!!!!

Never mind. Keep ranting loud and proud, debbiestorm! Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing when it reveals that the messenger (Miss Occupy) is clueless! :)

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

and besides that Motor 76, the swat team shoulda been called out or a special officer trained in working with mentally ill persons

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

Do you have experience in mentally ill persons? You believe SWAT should be called out at any time some potential crazy pulls out a gun?

Do people call you out to be a psychic witnesses and speak on their behalf? I am curious as how Occupy becomes involved or inserts themselves in almost every cause they can.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

news2me....btw yes, i have been around many mentally ill people much to your surprise.....even a person who is now in prison for life for murder who hid at my home without my knowing it until i came home....my son was a witness in his case. so yes, they do even take murderers alive into custody at gwinnett..they are looking only to kill the easy marks who are not a huge problem. yes i do feel the swat team or mentally ill trained officers should respond in cases like this. Psychic witness? what are u talkin about...it doesnt take a genius or a psychic to see the problem here. occupy becomes involved when persons like myself want to.

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

You seem to live a lifestyle that puts you in contact with the wrong people. If you have children, you need to think of them and how the examples you and the people you hang around with affects them and their future.

Speaking out against every incident where a person physically threatens law enforcement with a deadly weapon is absurd. You don't threaten people with deadly weapons --- Period! You certainly should not say that you know the facts when you don't - You Were NOT There!

Occupy has had it's 15 minutes. In fact your Overdue and about to Expire.

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

Recap: debbiestorm ..... claims to have a legal background, knows alot of mentally ill people, has had a murderer hide out in her house, participates in Occupy marchs against law enforcement such as (F word) the Police, believes police take the time to plant bb gun on suicidal man, thinks people that threaten police with deadly weapons should be handled with tasers and/or SWAT, protests that we don't need a courthouse and Gwinnett refuses to purchase police car dash cams.

If you are interested, the rest of her poetic rantings can easily be found on the internet. Prepare to be entertained!

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

sthrnidy....claims? check with Judge Carla Brown,, GWINNETT. she can confirm, as she was one of my teachers. yes, police do sometimes plant weapons, check legal books, you will find plenty of cases where this has been done. do your research like i did. dont think that a murderer was really in my home? what? check google......see case of Paul Anthony Turtle. i don't have to prove anything to anyone..but the unthinkable can and will happen to anyone...consider yourself lucky if it didnt happen to you. laugh if you will sthrnidy. sad that your laughter is about real life tragic events

thisisme99 1 year, 11 months ago

Didn't a former county official just start a law suit for a wrongful arrest and false claims of a DUI so that he was politically forced out? I think I read something along those lines so I dont exactly trust all our officers either... Just because they have a badge doesn't somehow make them above the law nor some honest Joe. I dont know if they did or didnt plant a gun...but it certainly wouldn't be unheard of.

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

I don't think comparing Bannister's demise and his current tantrum anyway compares to this story of a suicidal man threatening cops with a weapon.

Even if he had threatened cops with a BB gun, (which I don't believe he did nor was it 'planted'), law enforcement officers have the right to protect themselves.

Do Not Threaten Law Enforcement - - - End Of Discussion!

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

until law enforcement tell the truth and use cameras/videos properly on incidents all the time..how can you know for sure that any law enforcement official was threatened?

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

r u a stalker? u got it all wrong if so sthrnidy

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

Bless your heart, you are not that important to have a stalker. You sure do think highly of yourself to make such a suggestion! LMAO! When you decided to become the matriarch of Occupy Gwinnett you put your name out there for Everyone to see. This county may be large, but as the saying goes, it is a small world!

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

sthrnidy....u dont have to be anyone of importance to have a stalker...do the research on stalkers. i am not the matriach of occupy gwinnett.....obviously you don't know me at all. it may be a small world but you should not suggest things about people you don't know and make assumptions about people. putting my name out there for any purpose is always a choice. just like yours to keep referring to me as someone you obviously don't like ...but dont even know. sorry you got the wrong person here. your words are not taken very serious when you don't know me.

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

Self destructive behavior and denial are interesting to watch when people like you put themselves out for public consumption. You are no different than a car crash or a trainwreck. debbiestorm + Occupy is fun to watch.

Sthrnldy is so impersonal, so from now on you can address me as Ms. Britt when we interact on posts. Is that okay with you Miss Occupy?

PS Bless your heart! :)

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

you need to stop immediately. if you are referring to me as "self destructive behaivor"," denial", "car crash", "trainwreck", "miss occupy", those are all very inappropriate and sound like a person who does not know what they are talking about, don't know me, and insulting, stalking like behaivor. I will contact this newspaper if I hear that once again, you have posted insulting stalking like behaivor about me. you do not know me nor do you have any knowledge of the things described. you have continusously put me down for absolutely no reason.

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

LMAO, I could just as well claim that you were stalking me! It takes 2 to tango, Miss Occupy. While you are reporting people for stalking you (aka disagreeing or riduculing your bazaar behavior), you might add a plethora of others to your list. Report your stalkers on Facebook and any other website or media outlet where folks say things that debunk Occupy or put down your personal rants. Bets are you have stalkers all over the place! Good luck with that stalking claim of yours!

Oh, Bless your heart! :)

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

actually you seem to be the only one sthrnidy.

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

I don't think someone that publically claims that Gwinnett police are murderers and plants evidence would be taken seriously. Stop playing the victim card Ms Storm. You obviously want the attention for the cause of Occupy Gwinnett otherwise stop making your opinions so public.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

i was never playing the victim. im trying to bring something significant to light. I want the cases to have attention not myself personally. you can't stop justice.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

if anyone thinks all cops are good cops..check out the dekalb officers this week....landed in jail due to abuse of authority.

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

Why don't you look for bad cops in Walton County, since you actually live in Walton County?

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

why dont you look for good cops in walton county since u know so much about it sthrnidy...back to the real issue....this man died at the hands of gwinnett co pd and they need to pay for their vast mistake. as far as where i live...u dont have a clue and why do u care? who says im not a gwinnett resident? you sthrnidy? thats just weird.

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

As a Gwinnett country resident and taxpayer, I say Gwinnett PD acted appropriately. I don't want my tax dollars used for SWAT in situations like this. My opinions as a citizen of Gwinnett counts more than yours in matters involving this county and law enforcement, etc.

who says im not a gwinnett resident? you sthrnidy?

Yes, I say that you are not a Gwinnett resident or taxpayer. Who else you ask? Everyone that has the misfortune of knowing you confIrms you are not a resident of Gwinnett.

Bless your heart, Happy Mother's Day! :)

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

thanks Sthrnidy..had a great Mothers day! as for me, as a gwinnett resident and taxpayer I also have input, sorry your mistake. don't know who claims to know me that you know, but u may want to note their is another party with the same name as me in Gwinnett. i can't imagine who you would know that knows me personally, nobody i know would possibly agree with your standing on this matter. u may not want swat to take care of this situation, but then again u may have never experienced something like this either. or you are just cold toward that situation. and they do get SWAT and also police trained to handle mentally ill in many instances even in gwinnett today..so as far as your take on this, it happens in gwinnett already, but evidently this case missed protocol.

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

as a gwinnett resident and taxpayer I also have input, sorry your mistake.

Sorry, but that is a bold face lie and you know it. You do not live or own any property in Gwinnett as those records along with many other legal documents are public in Gwinnett. You live in Walton County. Prove your followers wrong, the ball is in your court. Denial and delusions - that is you!

Already noted! I'll be sure to pass the word along to her that you are trying to confuse the citzens of Gwinnett about this matter of mistaken identity. That more than a decade old legal secretary course of yours might need a little dusting off. PRICELESS!

but then again u may have never experienced something like this either

Bless your heart, 90 some % of the population of Gwinnett lives a lifestyle that doesn't either!! Your lifestyle that you have chosen puts you in this category, but the overwhelming majority of us chose to live better than that. Just look at how many low lifes, criminals and murders you claim know. Hypocrits like you that have screwed up their lives and have nothing better to do than join Occupy. You are just sticking up for the people you have something in common with. Good grief, wake up and grow up!!

Guess what, the police are not perfect. They make mistakes. Yes, there are bad people in all different walks of life out there and YOU of all people should get that! The police have only seconds to make decisions. If the situation were reversed and one of these officers were killed, you would not care to comment and wouldn't even care about that officer's family. You call out law enforcement, march in FTP and call them murderers and you have the audacity to call me cold?

Bless your heart!

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

is there a reason you want to find me? why are u researching me in records...what in the world? are u lonely and have nothing better to do than find me? yes, for a fact there are 2 people with the same name in the Gwinnett area. i have even been questioned at the bank becuz at the time, that person also had an account at the same bank, same area. what of it? and your miss britt comment previously, lady,my kids are britts, what of it? what is wrong with u to judge everything and do? I am going out of my way to help those who need it the most, the dead who cannot speak. maybe you dont care about others do. obivously, i do not know every person killed, youve got to be kidding? FTP is a good thing compared to the acts of cops who killed these guys in gwinnett.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

i was never a legal secretary. I am a certified PARALEGAL and insurance agent. thanks for your remarks..they are very much showing me you have way too much time on your hands.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

btw, i am a dual resident of GWINNETT and WALTON, is that a problem for u? would u like me to not be a resident of GWINNETT? too bad so sad, I am.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

ill be glad to send you a copy of a bill i have in gwinnett county for water service..thanks for your CONCERN

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

check the white pages, you will see that yes there is one more person with my name in gwinnett. don't believe it? see it for yourself. i have even been called before on a job and someone thought i was the other debbie storm, who just happens to have done legal and insurance work too. its a small world. I would like to meet up with her someday as we may be related. she is originally from WY where some of my family come from. My Great Grandfather ...Adelbert Storm served as a House of Rep. in the State of Wyoming..so it is very interesting that we have people from the same area and same interests. we could very well be related.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

lol ///u have no idea whats going on. thanks for clearing that up for me

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

lol how many lawyers know criminals? are u kidding? does that make the lawyers criminal?

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

Ms Storm you need to give it a rest. You keep digging yourself into a deeper hole.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

yeah right news2me..i am sure they lock people away here for your so called "mouth of yours will keep running" that is so rude. you take your pick, which do you prefer, having a free country or a country that doesn't allow you to have a right to freedom of speech?

jack 1 year, 11 months ago

The right to free speech doesn't have to be exercised incessantly.

(Compulsion to always have the last word in 3.....2.....1......)

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

She likes to have the last word ...... and apparently comments removed. Freedom of speech only for Ms Storm.

Sthrnldy 1 year, 11 months ago

Miss Occupy keeps rambling and seems to be arguing with herself at this point. Imaging that! LMAO! Bless her crazy heart!

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

sthrnldy nobody is arguing with thereself here. u insist u know things that are not true about me. why? u dont know me, u dont know where i live, and the question still remains why do u want to? i dont have a crazy heart. im sorry that you are so clueless

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

Sthrnldy - Ms. Storm just might live in her vehicle or perhaps her home is on wheels. Maybe that's why she claims to live in so many places so no one can find her. Crazy talk and rambling on her part for sure.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

NEWS2me...you have obvious assumptions and ideas about someone u dont know. i have no clue where u live and dont need to nor do u need to know my whereabouts. and as for your assumption, no mam i don't live on a home on wheels..but yes ..i have lived in many places throughout my life and have family across the country, is that a problem for u? not for me, i enjoy my life. I am not rambling ..if anyone ever was rambling it is surely not me..only fixin your mistake of assumptions

JusticeJTC 1 year, 11 months ago

I knew James Clark personally and honestly, if anyone of you knew the truth, you would see how wrong this shooting was. The fact that people are on here arguing about their tax dollars and saying James was crazy does make you cold. You didn't know him, so you don't have a heart for his life. He was not crazy. He was brokenhearted. He was having a hard time. Have none of you ever had a hard time where you felt like you could die? That does not make someone crazy. It makes them human. The police should have never killed him. They were called to help, not hurt or kill. I will not agree that the gun was planted or it was a bb gun. I think it was a real gun that James had and he was in a horrible moment when our friend called the police to help. James should have put the gun down and he did but he should have not picked it back up either. He was definetly playing with fire that he knew better to play with in a moment of helplessness, but does that mean he deserves to die? Absolutely not. The police only talked to him for 15 minutes before they decided to pull the trigger and killed him. His parents arrived minutes later. They should have waited til his parents talked to him. He didnt shoot his friend that was at his house 10 minutes before the cops got there. He did not want to and would have not killed anyone including his self. If what he had found out that week in his life, had happened to anyone of you on here, you would have been lost yourself. He was at his home having a hard moment. It happens to us all. They should have done more. It's not right to kill in this situation. If the officer would have been killed in this instance, I would feel the same exact way, but an officer wasnt going to be killed. There is a better way. We need to love hurting people a lot more. This is tragic in everyway. Rest in peace sweet friend <3 May justice be served!

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Not trying to be "cold" here but the police were called because he had fired shots. Law enforcement does not have the time to do a complete background check on the mental state or personal problems of every individual. No police force has that kind of time or resources to react the way you want it - they never have and they never will.

As far as your statement: "but an officer wasnt going to be killed." YOU DON'T KNOW THAT. I agree that we need to love the hurting people alot more, but that is is what family and friends are for, NOT THE POLICE. There is a better way? You don't have all the answers, NONE of us do. The police CAN NOT and WILL NOT ever be all that you ask. Don't call the police based on what you see on TV, real life situations are totally different than the fantasy that you see on television.

Bottom line: DO NOT THREATEN POLICE WITH A DEADLY WEAPON, regardless of who you are or what the situation may be. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION!

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

you are not accurate news2me.....i have witnessed what walton & gwinnett have done in other cases and this is not reality ....they do have time...they have time to get a real swat team or officers trained in the mentally ill. they just don't feel like it no more. bottom line: do the research, look on youtube at what gwinnett co did to a person in jail. they killed him...he had no weapon. for God's sake he was in jail. and for it to be up on youtube is literally disgusting.

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

They just don't feel like it no more?

You do your research on Youtube? Why am I not surprised!!

debbiestorm 1 year, 10 months ago

i do my research everywhere possible and on youtube....VIDEO DONT LIE news2me. check it out for yourself..gwinnett county took the video..do you think its not legit? it shows gwinnett officers. any lawyer, paralegal, private investigator does research in various ways.....no stone left unturned. surprised?

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

gwinnett co pd is way out of line. the background checks i have on various officers reflect a really bad light on gwinnett co pd officers

news2me 1 year, 11 months ago

Please share your research. As a community organizer it is your civic duty to share this information.

debbiestorm 1 year, 11 months ago

come to the next occupy gwinnett meeting and you will find out ......it is your responsibility to show up unless you would like to pay for your own background checks thru gwinnett co pd like i did

news2me 1 year, 10 months ago

LOL, responsible people are far too intelligent to get involved with Occupy. You just confirmed what I already knew -- you wasted your money on those background checks. Your bb gun conspiracy theory and Youtube research are hysterical. I am sure this family appreciates the public mockery you are making out of the young man's death of his own doing.

The biggest tragedy is that you are using the deceased in a hollow attempt to keep a failing Occupy alive. You running around Gwinnett beating your chest is about keeping Debbie Storm in the news. It's a pity that you are the only one that can't see the truth.

debbiestorm 1 year, 10 months ago

look it up for yourself news2me....you will find the video up about gwinnett county...if you know what to look for. and as far as the background checks, i certainly didn't waste my money, i got my answers. actually, news2me, the family is just as concerned as I am about what happened and have no issue with me. i am sorry that you are hurting others with your strong words when someone lost a child of theirs, no matter what his age, he was someone's son. there are many that can see the truth. if you have never been to a law library, there is no time like the present. you will see that there are many similar cases. Gwinnett has one inside the Justice Ctr. Emory has one. open to public. I am not trying to keep me in the news..i am trying to keep the fatal shooting deaths in the news...DAWNTRAE WILLIAMS, 12/19/2011, CHRISTOPHER KENNEY, 1/23/2012, JAMES CLARK, 4/26/2012. These people are dead at the hands of Gwinnett Co. P.D. as long as I live, I will always help other families in that predicament and support anyway possible those families of these type of victims of fatal shootings where cops did not follow protocol. I suggest strongly you do some research. This is not to keep OCCUPY alive...this is to help these families. whether OCCUPY was alive or not I would still do this. this is not my first go round at anything like this, so it simply doesn't happen just due to OCCUPY. You can laugh and belittle the situation if you wish, but GOD is watching all of us and sees all.

debbiestorm 1 year, 10 months ago

far too intelligent? do you really think any person with occupy is not intelligent? have you seen the requirements of a police officer? they cannot be too smart or they will not be hired, and btw....some officers are occupiers. intelligence has nothing to do with people's affiliation with groups. if you are a democrat or republican, those decisions are yours and based on what you want to do ...not intelligence.

news2me 1 year, 10 months ago

"do you really think any person with occupy is not intelligent? " No, they are not intelligent and they lack character.

"some officers are occupiers" Proof please. FYI - Youtube videos are not credible proof.

debbiestorm 1 year, 10 months ago

see facebook page, occupy police. u have the right to your opinion...but you may be stepping on your neighbors toes news2me

news2me 1 year, 10 months ago

Facebook is not a credible source of information.

debbiestorm 1 year, 10 months ago

fox is not a credible source of information. i suggest you do your own research your way if you really need proof your way.

news2me 1 year, 10 months ago

You use FOX news to do research? Why am I not suprised. Proof "your way" by looney conspirary theory is not credible either. You need to have your legal secretary license revoked.

debbiestorm 1 year, 10 months ago

nope i do not use FOX news to do research, i was stating they are a BAD place for info. that is why canada won't let them run there. license revoked? there is no license for a paralegal, or a legal secretary.

news2me 1 year, 10 months ago

"that is why canada won't let them run there. license revoked?"

PROVEN MYTH. So you think YouTube is more credible than FOX? Only any Occupy idiot would believe such crap.

Anyone that would ask for legal advice from you needs their head examined. No wonder Occupy has no future and no credibility.

You need some serious help. WOW!

debbiestorm 1 year, 10 months ago

your opinion is your own. your on your own. i never offered legal advice,that is not a role of a paralegal. if you don't think occupy has a future and creditibility....you may want to check out all the sources of people involved, OCCUPY MARINES, OCCUPY AIR FORCE, OCCUPY NAVY, OCCUPY LAW ENFORCEMENT, a facebook page also called: we are all scott olsen. serious help? so you want to help occupy, that is the serious help i need. thx

news2me 1 year, 10 months ago

debbiestorm or Deborah Storm, you are crazy, naive, and misinformed. Those Facebook pages you listed are Liked by people like you, Occupy people. They are not heavily supported by any of the people that you think they are. Besides, look at the small number that join or Like those groups or pages compared to other Facebook pages.

You are clueless and you are sadly out there to misinform the public to make your puny and dying Occupy movement look like something it is not and never has been - relevant. Occupy Gwinnett is led by an out of date and out of touch paralegal that gets her information from Youtube and other bad sources, that is rather pathetic! But hey, that is what Occupy is all about. The uneducated and misinformed leading a cult of misfits.

Thnx for the laughs!!!!!

debbiestorm 1 year, 10 months ago

news2me..you can think what you want, but what i do know is that we have 3 dead in gwinnett in 6 mos, fatally shot by gwinnett cops, there is no excuse for the abuse. uneducated and misinformed? who? OCCUPY GWINNETT is not just one person news2me.