As of Thursday, April 26, 2012
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Johnny Robinson of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- What book did the Tom Hanks character carry in his suitcase in "Forrest Gump"?
A: "Curious George"
- What sport did the employees of the convenience/video store in "Clerks" play on the roof?
- What 2001 film had a soundtrack comprised entirely of Beatles cover songs?
A: "I Am Sam"
- What was the preferred drink of the Jeff Bridges character in "The Big Lebowski"?
A: White Russian
- What is the common movie bond shared by: Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Phil Collins, Annie Lennox, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Barbra Streisand and Eminem?
A: All won Academy Awards for Best Original Song
Now, for this week's questions:
What fast-food chain does Tony Stark visit when returning home after being held prisoner in "Iron Man"?
What '80s band does the Rodney Dangerfield character listen to while playing golf in "Caddyshack"?
In what Oscar-winning movie did Peter Frampton play a fictional musician?
What two nonfictional soft drinks does the Michael J. Fox character try unsuccessfully to order in a coffee shop in "Back to the Future"?
Name two feature films where Chris Cooper played a nonfictional character.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.