Breaking News

Man found dead at Duluth apartment complex April 19, 2014

0

Firefighters respond to several incidents Saturday

LAWRENCEVILLE -- The 4 o'clock hour provided several calls for Gwinnett County firefighters in the Lawrenceville and Lilburn areas Saturday.

Between 4 and 4:30 p.m. Saturday, crews responded to separate lawn, house and apartment fire calls. A minor burn was the only injury to any occupant or firefighter, spokesman Capt. Tommy Rutledge said.

-- At about 4:10 p.m., emergency crews responded to the 500 block of Pebble Chase Lane in Lawrenceville. They found the yard and fence on fire close to a home, Rutledge said.

The blaze was quickly extinguished and did not spread to the house. No injuries were reported.

-- About five minutes later, firefighters responded to the report of an apartment fire on the 50 block of St. Marlowe Drive in Lawrenceville.

Crews found a small kitchen fire in a single apartment unit that was already out upon arrival, Rutledge said. Damage was contained to the kitchen and put out by the sprinkler system.

No injuries were reported.

-- At about 4:25 p.m., Gwinnett County firefighters reported to another kitchen fire, this one at a home on the 700 block of Freeman Drive in Lilburn. That blaze, too, was extinguished when crews arrived.

The fire originated from food cooking unattended, and caused damage to the stove and cabinets, Rutledge said. One occupant was transported to the hospital "for evaluation of a minor burn injury to the hand," he said.