12Stone Church is fastest growing in Georgia

LAWRENCEVILLE -- According to "Outreach Magazine's" annual Outreach 100 survey, Gwinnett County's 12Stone Church is the fastest growing church in Georgia and ranked No. 30 as one of the largest churches in the country.

From February to spring, 12Stone had 23 percent growth adding 2,185 more people to the congregation, totalling 11,182 members. When re-evaluated in September, the numbers reached more than 12,500 attending Sunday service.

12Stone Church currently is located in Lawrenceville, Hamilton Mill and Flowery Branch, offers an online service and plans to build a new church at the Sugarloaf/Interstate 85 corridor to accommodate all of the parishioners.

Comments

MissDaisyCook 3 years, 2 months ago

Another typical mega-church. Offering a "lazy" religion without commitment. "watch the screen and send in your offering; no nursery duty, no Sunday School or training union." Mega churchs provide the leader or "senior pastor" the method to build a monument to themselves. Find yourself a smaller, neighborhood church to really be involved in.

joshua3willard 3 years, 2 months ago

You couldn't be more misled about the church. The most involved church in the area, hands down.

RyanW 3 years, 2 months ago

Ms. Daisy- I would urge to go visit 12Stone, whether online or in person. I think your view of mega-churches would be changed drastically. As a 12Stoner, my faith has been transformed from one who was "religious" to one who is full practitioner in my faith and relationship with Christ. Just yesterday, 12Stone and 2200 of its members reached out into the community to serve those in and around Gwinnett through our annual Compassion in Action weekend. Not to mention that this Christmas we will be re-launching the Feed 5000 campaign. Where the amazing members of 12Stone donate their time and offerings to feed 5000+ families a Christmas meal as well as food for a week leading up to Christmas.
12Stone is not just a mega-church it is a community of ACTIVE followers of Christ who are not just "customers" of the Christian faith but are "workers" of a faith that offers salvation, care for those in need, and guidance for the lost.
As a 12Stoner I cordially invite you to come visit us. I truly believe once you hear Pastor Kevin teach, currently we are discussing the supernatural power of prayer, you will be transformed to be more open to the vast offerings of a so called mega-church.

FIREMATT 3 years, 2 months ago

Oh, and another thing MISSDAISEYCOOK, if you ever do choose to look into 12 stone, you will see that this "mega-church" has greater reach than a smaller "neighborhood" church! I urge you to research everything this church does for the local community and what it does for the surrounding "neighborhoods". You might just be amazed

gem 3 years, 2 months ago

To MISSDAISYCOOK I am sorry that you feel that way...however you have all your facts wrong. What or who brought you to 12stone? There must have been something you were trying to look for and were not able to find it there.... there must be some kind of pain within you that you have to lash out so aggressively to a church that is doing so many great things in our community. And has a GUEST to the church you were never ask to send money in the offering that is always told to the GUEST. I will pray for you to hopefully see you as a member and an active participate in our community.

NewsReader 3 years, 2 months ago

MissDaisyCook, I don't suppose you have the wherewithal to produce anything to support your opinion on 12Stone in much the same way you conveyed your opinion on the HOT lanes do you? Never mind. Please don't stop posting though. It makes for some entertaining responses from others to your comments. Perhaps it is that which you seek!

Untiitled 3 years, 2 months ago

MissDaisy,

What a sad perception you have of such an amazing church. I fear that you may not have been receiving accurate information. I am not sure if you are aware of the many outreach projects 12Stone does but we actually helped thousands just yesterday with Compassion in Action. Last Christmas, we fed 5,000 people which included Thanksgiving dinner and a month of groceries. As a 12Stoner, I will say that I am personally offended that you call our worship style "lazy" religion, 12Stone has some of the most amazing, godly people that I have ever had the pleasure to know. We also have nursery duty and Sunday school. Our student ministry is like no other. All this to say, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but my only hope is that you visit 12Stone so that we can show you that your accusations are incorrect. God Bless!

Bessie1 3 years, 2 months ago

I think I understand why Miss Daisy commented the way she did. My family and I have been involved with mega churches; unfortunately, some are as Miss Daisy described. However, some are following the ways of Christ and growing, which is a good sign. I have heard wonderful things about 12Stone and plan to take the time to visit myself. As long as the Word of God is preached and "lived" in your life, then obviously Christ is the center of your being. Some of the responses were patronizing and "unchristian". Thankfully, Jesus would not respond in this manner.

karryjenny 3 years, 2 months ago

To Miss Daisy Cook, I would urge you to read in your bible about not judging. I actually just got done reading a chapter in the Battlefield of the Mind book by Joyce Meyer. She speaks specifically about not having a judgmental mind or to be critical or even suspicious. That is something that the devil uses to take us down the wrong path. Jesus says......."Do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7 This is a wonderful church that has God's hand and blessing all over it! It's better to be happy for others than to bring them down or to voice your negative opinions! Good luck in your journey, and I would highly recommend Joyce Meyers book Battlefield of the Mind!

FordGalaxy 3 years, 2 months ago

I'm no fan of mega-churches, for several reasons. It is impossible to know your church family at a mega-church. I knew two people who went to the same church for ten years and did not know each other, and that struck me as odd. At another "mega-church," my cousin was baptized, and the Pastor didn't even know why he was baptizing her, yet he did it anyway. I at least had to profess my faith before the church before being baptized, but apparently at this church baptism held about the same weight as jumping in a swimming pool. I was looking on 12Stone's website a while back and I found out that, in order to be Baptized there, you had to write an essay detailing your "faith journey." I'm guessing if you didn't write a paper that was up to par with their expectations they would deny you baptism, but that is just conjecture on my part.

tlcenman 3 years, 2 months ago

FordGalaxy -- I attend 12Stone, and within the first month at 12Stone I knew a lot of my church family. Why? Because I made the effort, I joined a small group and I immediately started serving at the church. If you want to be anonymous you can -- if you want to be connected you can. It is all up to the person. As a matter of reference the reason you have to write an essay is so when you get baptized, your story is shared (with permission) for those in the congregation to be able to see what GOD has done in the lives of the believers.

psychientology 3 years, 2 months ago

I know that the 16 plus years my family has attended 12Stone our lives have been blessed and changed profoundly. My kids have been brought up there, my relationship with my wife and the way I parent has been formed there. I know the leaders very well. They behave what they believe. I've watched them raise their kids in our local schools, meet every challenge that the rest of us do with a heart towards God and a faith that strengthens them at all times. As far as our pastor goes. He could have built a life away from the church with his level of leadership. 12Stone is here to serve,love, and lead. We're not perfect but believe that God has called us to show His love wherever we have influence. I've watched so many lives changed at 12Stone. I can't imagine our lives without our community there. We are in a small group, I am in a men's group, and my wife and kids are connected the same way. We know many, and love many. I invite anyone to come and experience God's favor and worship.

FordGalaxy 3 years, 2 months ago

tclenman - So why doesn't the church just ask the one wanting to be baptized for an experience of grace testimony? Why the essay? When I was baptized I proudly stood before the church and told them what God had done in my life and then I asked to be baptized into the church. If God has really done something in your life, why would you want to hide that from people. Confess Christ before man and He'll confess you before the Father, right?

bnhwillard 3 years, 2 months ago

FordGalaxy - so it ain't for you. That's fine, 12Stone does not purport to be the church for everyone. But they do things in a different way that does appeal to a lot of people, and are dedicated to transforming lives. I have seen many such cases in my 6+ years there.

I am disturbed by the apparent need for Christians to have a critical spirit of one another, or each other's churches. We should all be fighting for the same goal, to reach the lost, and these complaints about specific church practices, be it from how they baptize to the type of worship music to the color of the pews - these only serve to distract and make us look like a laughingstock. I would be concerned more with looking at the character of the people who are in a church, and do they put their hearts behind what they profess within the walls once they get outside the walls.

kdew 3 years, 2 months ago

I would love to visit, but can't find anything on the website that tells me exactly how to do so. At a smaller church I would just show up, but 12Stone is huge and seems to have a process. On the website there are pages for what to do after becoming a member, and what membership means, but little that I can find that shows me how. Is there an email address or a page just for how to visit and possibly join later?
I like everything else that I've seen on the website and have been enjoying the video sermons and reading about the mission trips, etc. Everything online fits well, but the basics of visiting for the first time are lost on me. thanks for any help from members.

Amber633 3 years, 2 months ago

kdew - The service locations and times are listed here: http://12stone.com/experience/worship/

Hope you can join us!

Amber633 3 years, 2 months ago

Sorry...I just clicked the link and it didn't work when pasted here. But if you are on the 12stone home page, just click on locations/times at the top.

Ian 3 years, 1 month ago

kdew- Services at the Lawrenceville campus start at 9am, 11am, and 1pm. If you come a little early you can try and meet a few people. Once you are in service, however, you will be asked to fill out a card with your info so that the church can get you connected. Hope that helps!