Rush hour impact of toll lanes on I-85

Staff Photo: Jason Braverman

Staff Photo: Jason Braverman The new Express Lanes along I-85 didn't have much traffic during the morning rush hour.

LAWRENCEVILLE — For more than two years, Libby Blackwell has carpooled to work, using the high-occupancy vehicle lanes on Interstate 85 to get from her home in Dacula to her job in Decatur.

But with no free access to the lanes anymore, Blackwell didn’t just switch to the general purpose lanes; she changed her entire route, taking U.S. Highway 29 to work Monday morning.

“I just don’t consider that an option,” she said of paying tolls for access to the lane, which began this weekend. She said the U.S. 29 route added about 10 minutes to her commute. “It’s certainly not enough to pay for (the new option).”

photo

In this file photo, the Express Lanes along I-85 don't show much traffic during a morning rush hour.

Officials said the Monday morning rush hour — the first test of the new high-occupancy toll lane system — went smoothly, although there were relatively few commuters using the toll lane.

Those who did pay got through traffic easily, the State Road and Tollway Authority reported, saying that during the peak morning period from 7:30 to 8:45 a.m., it took toll payers 14 to 15 minutes to traverse the 16 mile stretch from Old Peachtree Road to Chamblee-Tucker Road. That was a third of the time it took people in the general purpose lane to make that stretch (47 minutes).

photo

At its most congested, the toll price peaked at $5.50 for that length, or about 35 cents per mile. At its lowest, the price for the entire distance was $1.55.

Julie Kilpatrick, who takes a vanpool from Lawrenceville to Buckhead, had free access to the lane in the van. But she said even her commute took 12 minutes longer, since traffic backed up on Ga. Highway 316 before the express lanes.

“Throughout the Gwinnett County portion of our commute, I observed that the ‘normal’ lanes were much more congested than usual,” Kilpatrick said in an email. “My point is that this is apparently a lose-lose for everyone, especially the taxpayers.”

photo

While statistics for the afternoon rush hour were not available, Blackwell, who took I-85 then to go to a doctor’s appointment, said cars were more than a mile apart in the express lane.

“What a bust,” she said. “Normally that would be a pretty full lane.”

On Monday, many people were still trying to understand the rules of the system.

Tim Echols, a public service commissioner who lives in Athens, called the Peach Pass customer service center at 1-855-PCH-PASS as he prepared to commute to the commission’s meeting today.

Since January, when he began driving a compressed natural gas car to the Capitol, he has had free use of the HOV lanes. As the driver of an alternative fuel vehicle, he will continue to have free access, but on Monday he learned he still has to have a Peach Pass, the transponder required for every HOT lane vehicle, even those who won’t have to pay the toll, such as carpoolers with three people in a vehicle.

“That HOV lane saves me 20 minutes on some days,” said Echols, whose Peach Pass is in the mail. He will have to leave early for today’s meeting.

“Alternative fuel cars are inconvenient. I’m glad I can drive one, but it’s very inconvenient,” he said, adding that he plans to test drive a Nissan Leaf to the Capitol on Thursday, but he will have to stop at Atlantic Station to charge the battery. “You have to have an incentive (such as the free toll).”

Karlene Barron, a spokeswoman for the Georgia Department of Transportation, said the light traffic on the express lanes was likely because traffic in the general purpose lane was “not bad.” A crash that backs up the lanes more than normal could cause more to shift to pay the toll.

“Folks have to have a need to use it,” she said. “People are just getting used to it.”

In the most congested part of the corridor, during the morning peak period, drivers in the general purpose lanes had an average speed of 30 miles per hour, while those in the express lanes could drive 55 miles per hour, the tollway authority said.

“Motorists who drove in the Express Lanes this morning did experience a time savings,” said Gena Evans, executive director for the State Road and Tollway Authority. “We will continue to monitor the performance of the Express Lanes and share data on a daily basis for the remainder of our first week of operation.”

Through the weekend and Monday’s morning rush, officers with the Georgia Department of Public Safety’s motor carrier division issued 10 warnings, a spokesman said. Three were to out-of-state drivers and the remaining were for violations of drivers crossing the double white lines.

Evans said a “grace period” from fines will be allowed, so people can get used to the enforcement, but she did not say how long the period would be.

Did you take the high-occupancy toll lanes today? Are you a carpooler that could no longer get in the lane for free? Tell us about your experience. Contact reporter Camie Young at camie.young@gwinnettdailypost.com or call 770-963-9205, ext. 1314.

Comments

Mack711 3 years ago

Whie listening to WSB rasio this morning they had several people commenting on this issue. Most did not like this idea at all. Judging from the photos in this article they are right.Just think how traffic would move if*all lanes were open to everyone. One listner commented that it was $3 + from Beaver ruin to Shallowford. Not worth it to most that travel 85.

LawrencevilleJim 3 years ago

Mack711-----I think that's agreat idea!

OedipusTax 3 years ago

It is highly likely that any public employee reimbursed for travel in the HOT lane will OF COURSE think the HOT lane is a great idea. Just one more way of having the taxpayer pay for govermental privileges. You can bet EVERY DOT employee rides for free. Gwinnett and State goverment employees will LOVE the HOT lanes. And I bet not one bureaucrat, not one, will admit that they ride for free.

LilZ 3 years ago

I didn't bother to use the lane and I won't... I think it is very confusing. I didn't notice a major change in the traffic. I think it's silly that carpools with 2 people cannot use the lanes for free. And how does changing your Peach Pass status on your phone differ from texting and driving? I think it sounds dangerous!

Erik 3 years ago

If it's confusing to you then you haven't taken the time to understand it.

Didn't notice a major change in the traffic??? I rode in the lane yesterday and got from Chamblee-Tucker Rd - Sugarloaf pkwy on 316 in 20 mins! Worth every penny.

OedipusTax 3 years ago

And what bureaucracy do you work for? And who will really pay for your privilege? And be honest about it, because an employee of the DOT will sound just like you do. Government employees will too.

Jose 3 years ago

Jose says: Look's like a ghost lane to me. Any one with a brain knows that if you have a traffic problem you DON'T resolve it by taking a lane away.. DUH... As Jose has said before,, Make this lane a tractor trailer lane only.. Why you ask? Cause it will cut down on wrecks, you know when people try to take on a semi.. And when trucks stop it takes them longer to get back to normal speed so with out all those trucks starting and stopping in the way it will allow for a quicker reaction time for cars which equals faster traffic... Jose is very smart

NewsReader 3 years ago

I recall watching a television commercial where a man was dipping his child's feet in a white rubbery substance when his wife walks in and says "What are you doing?" He goes on to say that he invented this concoction because he was sick and tired of socks that didn't fit and his son reiterated [we're] "sick of it". His wife looks at him and says "That's really stupid!" The HOT lanes? LOL, it's the sock commercial! The pictures really tell the story don't they? I found it absurd this weekend when I was driving down the interstate to find tolls at all when the traffic was running trouble free. Like I've said before, the HOV lanes were created on the pretense of saving the environment, and now have been built solely on the pretense of generating a new source of revenue or tax stream to be squandered on yet some other unneeded unnecessary unwanted foolishness that the bureaucrats have a self-serving interest in.

Gulfwatersgirl 3 years ago

It's crazy to make us pay to be in a lane that our tax dollars have already paid for. Not to mention the fact that since it has been a HOV lane you have hammered into our brains that we must carpool meaning to or more. Now people have done this , you say now it must be 3 or pay. Way to go. I am not sure how this lane will help anyone except for the people who can afford to pay. Even that being said has anyone noticed that you have very limited locations to exit and enter? I think people haven't discovered this yet! Even if I wanted to pay there is no entrance/exit at the exit I would want to get off on. Great job yet again Georgia road planners. One more think. Since we paid for this lane, and then it was taken away for us to really pay more per day, I think that people will think long and hard about voting for more tax funds going into new road projects around here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sharon 3 years ago

Yet another waste of taxpayer's dollars. I got on 85S at Pleasant Hill this morning at approx 7:30 a.m. Got off at Chamblee-Tucker Rd exit. I counted exactly 7 cars and 1 bus in the HOT lane. Now that we're on the second round of paying for this lane, wonder what they'll come up with next????

Dacula 3 years ago

This wasn't meant to alleviate all traffic. Basically, its a premium option that you can pay for and move faster, which you obviously could have based on the pictures. Don't wanna pay, just use the regular lanes which looked the same to me.

jack 3 years ago

I find it curious the GRTA person behind the push to HOT lanes also had patent applications in 2009 for the technology used by the Peach Pass.

Google "Jannine Miller patent".

R 3 years ago

This bit of wisdom gets EVEN better!! http://transportation.ce.gatech.edu/sites/default/files/files/commuter_credits-_proposed_program_to_support_public_policy_goals_of_hot_lanes.pdf

"Following is a sample credit-earning commute. If a commuter was to drive to work in the free general purpose highway lanes during the hypothetical morning “shoulder” peak hour of 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. that worker would earn one Commuter Credit. If the worker was to drive home from work on the free highway lanes during the afternoon “shoulder” peak hour 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., the worker would earn an additional one Commuter Credit. Once a prescribed threshold of credits were earned, the worker could redeem the credits for a free trip on the otherwise priced lane."

In summary, get the Peachpass (20.00) then drive in the general access lanes for CREDIT toward a "free ride" in the Lexis Lane... YEAH this makes sense. Time to breakout the Sledge-o-Matic; it slices and dices while also revealing the inner FUBAR in everything it touches at no extra cost!

Mack711 3 years ago

WOW!!!!! Just read the web site in R posting. Can you believe this? Take the time to read this. It will make you think and scare you as well.

stayoutofmybusiness 3 years ago

I read the transportation commuter credits proposed program, and if you telecommute and do not use ANY lanes, you receive 4 (FOUR) credits for not driving at all! Wonder if Kroger would credit my fuel points for everything I DIDN'T buy!!!!

OedipusTax 3 years ago

Keep in mind that among the few that will ride in the HOT lanes are the bureaucrats and Transportation privileged that pass on their tolls as business expenses to the taxpayer. My bet that less than 25% of the people with a Peach Pass will actually absorb the expense themselves. This line is strictly a perk for government elites and related employees.

dan 3 years ago

Some of you seem to think that when roads are built, no money has to be put back into them later on. Yes, we (the taxpayers) have paid for the roads to initially be built, but someone has to pay for them to be maintained. HOT lanes are a great way to pay for road maintainence especially considering the DOT is limited on funding. So all of this nonsense that "we paid for the roads once and no one should take them away" needs to stop.

hpytravlr 3 years ago

Idiot. We were taxed once for the roads. Yes, they need up keep, but the last time I checked my taxes did not stop.

HonestIngine 3 years ago

Those people in the DOT, need this money to pay taxpayers back for their affairs. Best of all for it to be free it costs us 20$ for a peach pass.. go figure. Like the people of Peachtree Corners, who want to be a city, pay us again for goods and services we already paid for.... What is this world coming too?

HonestIngine 3 years ago

What happens if you have an accident and you have to move in the HOT lanes to clear the way? Anybody know the answer?

Gulfwatersgirl 3 years ago

We have wondered the same thing. I doubt that the government is going to be smart enough to figure out there is a wreck therefore no ticket for you or charge for toll. The ticket to enter that lane without a pass is $25 and to then the amount of your toll. I hope that someone can answer this.

Brian 3 years ago

PLUEASE Dan, MAINTENANCE comes out of the "general" budget paid for by us "taxpayers". HOT lanes are yet another example of a bunch of idiot politicians trying to do something because someone else did it, whether or not it actually WORKED! It is CLEAR to see that most folks aren't going to pay to use this, WHAT was so wrong with the carpool lane? For that matter, what is wrong with all lanes being free to all drivers? CAPACITY is what it's all about NOT having some lame "Plan" that serves no purpose, AGAIN!

Tony723 3 years ago

This whole HOT lane thing is so stupid. Who in their right mind would pay $4.80 to go from around Sugarloaf to Shallowford every day? Nobody! What if you had to go all the way downtown? All this money put into this project was a waste because it will take decades to recoup when you only have a handful of people who are desperate enough to pay that kind of money. The GDOT needs to contact Illinois Toll Authority to find out how a toll road works.

Hangdog 3 years ago

What makes it even more bizarre is you don't have to pay to go past Shallowford. From there on, it is back to 2 person carpools, which aren't monitored at all, especially in the morning.

dan 3 years ago

Brian, did I ever say that maintenance wasn't funded by taxpayers? The HOT lanes will be maintained by revenue from the tolls and will free up funds for the DOT to pay for other road repairs/improvements.

Mack711 3 years ago

What world do you live in? Certainly not this one. This is another form of tax. There will not be enough funds to pay for the system it takes to operate these lanes. Mosy as you see think it is a joke. If you want to pay then that is your choice. WE as taxpayers have already paid for this lane once.

hpytravlr 3 years ago

I am getting into the HOT lane tomorrow and drive 20 mph. HA!

Waffleman 3 years ago

What an idiot I am. I got my Peach Pass in the mail Saturday. I figured I might need to use it to get to the airport on a bad day. I live off Old Peachtree Rd and can't even get onto the damn thing unless I backtrack up to Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd to enter the lane! Cut across the double white lines and I get dinged with an outrageous fine. They are going to stick it to everyone who crosses those lines now and rake in the cash. Who the hell wants to get on and off that lane at only certain points? No thanks. I'm getting a refund. Oh, and thanks for pushing the extra traffic onto Buford Hwy now. That's my everyday route to the office at Jimmy Carter Blvd. My commute just got worse thanks to you pea brained big government thinkers.

Erik 3 years ago

I can't even comment on this it's so ridiculous.

toby 3 years ago

Someone needs to track down the money trail. Who made $$ off of this? Look at the brightside, now when there is a shooting or a bus of illeagls turn over, the rescue wagons can get there quicker. Oh yea, do they have to have a pass? Was this voted on or did the DOT just know that this was a great idea? So much for burning less fuel and helping the environment. Al Gore will be here soon and make GC pay a carbon tax that will be passed onto us. Sounds like a well thought out plan by the democrats. Another way to take from working America and give to the non working leaches.

Mack711 3 years ago

This was not voted on by the voters, if the voters were asked to vote it would have never passed. There was a public meeting that we attended outling what they wanted to do and most said that this was a poor idea. Minds were already made up before that meeting to put the HOT lanes in service. This meeting was held to tell you what they were going to don not to listen to the voters.

ssilover1 3 years ago

Help me with how it is supposed to be free for 3+ in a car. Don't you have to pay $20 for the Peach Pass to get it? I will use it in a real medical emergency. But then, I won't have time to go on line and get the PPass. So, seems to me the guy on TV was right: it is for the elite with elite money.

Erik 3 years ago

If $20 is elite money, how do you pay for regular car maintenance?

R 3 years ago

Erik, We are very glad that an nonrefundable 20.00 seems completely justified and is not a burden to you. We are also glad that an additional cost of a few hundred dollars a month is well within your or your clients' price range.Since there is full time enforcement scanning plates and head counts, the peach-pass could have been issued free and remained free for 2 person and up carpoolers only, saving our air quality, unless all that previous hype before was simply government sponsored garbage.

jack 3 years ago

Gena Evans was pleased the HOT lane saved commuters 33 minutes at yesterday's peak rush hour. Uh, Gena? This time savings was manufactured BY and BECAUSE of the toll lane. Hmmm.... gee, with TWO HOT lanes we could have time savings of an HOUR, maybe more.....

champaignlady 3 years ago

If Ms. Evans is going to spout off about the time saved by commuters, she also needs to figure out how much longer the commute was due to the additional traffic for those not in the HOT lane.

Hangdog 3 years ago

Gena needs to factor in how much time was added to the former 2 person carpools who have used the lanes for over 10 years.

Waffleman 3 years ago

That's right. 10% of the folks get to save 33 minutes on their commute while 90% got an additional 33 minutes. All you have done is displace the traffic pattern to more surface streets and one less freeway lane. We all lose while State keeps millions on the Federal Grant plus millions more to come from the tolls. Typical money grab. This was never about solving the problem. These bureaucrats think we're stupid.

randyonguitar 3 years ago

I hope they lose their butts for changing the HOV lanes to HOT lanes. We were never ask to vote for this. I thought we lived in a democracy. Apparently not. All they really did was make the traffic worse. Ha-ha...STUPID!

Davis 3 years ago

Yes - we paid for the road to be built.
Yes - we pay for the roads to be maintained.
Yes - we are being told to pay extra for a road we essentially own and have already paid for.

Today was my first day of commute. From the Buford exit it took me 35 minutes to get to Pleasant Hill (normally 10 minutes). The HOT lane was empty and yes, everyone was crowded into the remaining lanes. After 90 minutes I decided to get off after Beaver Ruin and just go home.

Yes - this new fee-for-use lane has made a bad traffic situation even worse. Yes - each of the politicians who signed off on this should be investigated and/or removed from office over this one.

Davis 3 years ago

Incidentally, has anyone asked for the study on the impact of transit time if the HOT lane designation was removed and everyone had access to an additional lane for commuting? Seems logical that having an additional lane would help alleviate traffic for all, and not just those who can pay additional funds.

Mack711 3 years ago

Davis: Politicans do not think with logic. They think on how to get your money without doing anything. If logic was used all lanes would be open moving all traffic faster.

NewsReader 3 years ago

Actually, this HOT lane may be a grand idea after all. What better way to demonstrate to the citizens of Gwinnett County how inept and stupid these people are in order to vote down this asinine Atlanta Regional Commission TSPLOST initiative on the ballet next year. You know, the 1Cent sales tax they want to have to squander on all of this unnecessary road extensions and improvements that nobody really wants who lives here, well, except for the few self-serving interests that whine and complain about their commute and want everybody else to have to subsidize an improvement for them.

R 3 years ago

Why vote against the TSPLOST? That only limits the options for new future TOLL road conversions you silly citizenry you..

tgrip 3 years ago

Please cheap people, please stay over to the right, this HOT lane is making my commute AWESOME!!! Don't care if I have to pay, I get to skip the non-sense!

nicholson 3 years ago

It is good to know we have an entrenched government bureaucrat, Gena Evans, making major decisions about our roadways with the toll authority. I guess after she was fired in 2009 from the GA DOT for among other things, having an affair with a fellow board member, she does what all retreads do - they get another government job.

Hangdog 3 years ago

Two person carpooler since 96. Now, we are back in the other lanes. I hope people refuse to use the lanes. Don't let the people get what they want. If they changed it back to allowing 2 person carpools, it would at least make a little sense.

Several carpool folks in my office are now driving 2 cars instead of one. Just not work the work of connecting with a car pool partner if you can't use the lane as it was originally built.

wzopf 3 years ago

My husband and I carpool...or should I say we USED to carpool. Now we just ride together. We tried taking Peachtree Industrial down today and it was a nightmare. 85 was a nightmare yesterday. We have two options - 1) pay out the nose (it cost $7 roundtrip yesterday during our commute times) or 2) lose even more precious family time with our kids. What has always taken us 30 minutes now takes us an hour+ in the "regular" lane. And there isn't even a HOT entrance at our Sugarloaf exit! This is truly madness. And if the idiots who put this in place thinks this will help the job situation...well, obviously they've never had to worry about regularly being late to work because of TRAFFIC.

Hangdog 3 years ago

Also a former 2 person carpooler since 96. I'm so tired of the spin doctors at DOT or GRTA saying how much time the lexus lanes saved those people. They are doing so at the expense of the MANY 2 person carpools who used to use the HOV lane and have now moved back to the regular lanes.

In my office, there are numerous 2 person carpools that are breaking up now because it isn't worth it, so that add 2 cars back to the normal lanes.

I carpool to save gas money so paying a toll just goes totally against my reasoning for carpooling.

Also, who actually made the decision to change this. Was it DOT? GRTA? Were the Gwinnett Commissioners involved? Dekalb Commissioners?

jack 3 years ago

Jannine Miller at GRTA is generally given credit for being the impetus for this idea. I am certain the fact she, and others in GRTA/STRA, had applied for patents to the technology behind the Peach Pass played no role in the decision.

OutofMoney 3 years ago

I am a firm believer that one of the thoughts was to make sure more people used the GRTA bus lines because of the promises made. The Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful just took a hit when it comes to pollution. People will not convert at the numbers they want. This will add to more pollution due to more traffic. I for one will only use the lanes when I am running late or have a emergency I have to go to. I do not think my fuel cost will offset the need for me to use the lanes. I will just leave earlier on both ends. You might see the rush hour move earlier and earlier.

stayoutofmybusiness 3 years ago

Want to know what is coming next??? The I-75 HOT lanes north of the perimeter ... separate lanes that switch directions ... south bound drivers in the morning, north bound drivers in the afternoon ...

That means the lanes will be UNUSED during non-rush hour times ... I used to commute in a city with one of these ... so many hours without a single car. Well, at least they saved money on repaving since they got such little use!!!

Both the I-85 and I-75 HOT lanes will do nothing to alleviate traffic in this city ... someone said earlier ... you don't help traffic by removing an entire lane!!!!!

OedipusTax 3 years ago

Can you imagine if some Bank administered the HOT Lanes? Can you imagine if a Bank charged you higher fees on your debit card depending on what time of day it was, or how many other people happened to be using debit cards at the time? The HOT lanes would NEVER be used, because huge numbers of protestors would camp out IN the lanes. There wouldn't be enough police in Georgia to deal with the protestors. Instead, some bureaucrats, and his buddies, are claiming they've built the HOT lanes for the good of the public. Positively an insult to anyone's intelligence. The HOT lanes were built to give bureaucrats more power and privileges.

OutofMoney 3 years ago

I am over it. Today is out of control. It will take my wife over 2 hours to get home today from just inside 285. You must be kidding thinking this is even A solution. It is out of control. The surface roads are slammed. I guess this is where you are holding the gun to our heads forcing us to use these lanes. Come on Man.

Linda 3 years ago

This HOT lane is ridiculous, traffic is worse than ever. Who thought of this?

dav 3 years ago

Whoever came up with this idiotic idea and whoever approved it needs to answer for it

tgrip 3 years ago

So I looked at my Peach Pass account this morning and you know how much it cost me to get on at 316 and drive down to Indian Trail where it breaks loose? $1.00

So are you people sitting in the traffic on 316 and on I-85 that you can't afford .85 to get you down to the point that traffic breaks loose? It's worth EVERY penny to me not to have to sit in the traffic.

Coming home getting in the HOT lane at 285 and taking it up to Indian Trail where it breaks loose cost me .85 I got out of the HOT lane and took the normal lanes home. If it cost me $2 a day not to have to lift my foot off the gas pedal then so be it! I love looking at you people sitting still over there.

Hopefuly enough of you will complain, that will lower my cost and you will still sit over there in traffic. Before the HOT lanes traffic sucked and the HOV lane moved. Now I pay a little to get past the bad sections of 85 and its minimal. Quit whining and get a Peach Pass.

Mack711 3 years ago

Just wait when there is a bad accident on the interstate because you cut in and out lanes and then you will have to stay with the pesants in traffic.

OedipusTax 3 years ago

Please, @Tgrip, tell us what government office employs you? You won't. No bureaucrat will that travels for free. And yes, I'm sure you do enjoy that unprivileged private citizens having to pay for your privilege. It's egotists such as YOU that make a Peach Pass into a Peach Pass without the 2nd "P".

tgrip 3 years ago

Oedipus Taxus Maximus... I normally have a 1 hour commute, I work in the private sector, and I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy, but you can call it whatever you like, I enjoy paying a little bit to pass the traffic. I HATE sitting in traffic. The HOT lane lets me skip it all.

It just shows again that Presbo has seperated and generated hate among those that have and those that have not. Those that have not sit and complain. Those that have don't say a word. They go to work and spend their hard earned money as they please. I choose to pass you all in the HOT lane with my $$ in hand. You choose to sit in the regular lanes and scream and whine about those of us using the lane.

See you guys Monday!

Niick 3 years ago

If you are not compelled to pay for the HOT lane today, just wait until HOT Lane 2 opens up. Eventually you will have one "free" lane and 5 Pay lanes.

rco1847 2 years, 5 months ago

HOT Lane - brought to you by the Tax and Spend Republican Aristocracy so you can pay to use the road you already paid for once. With reocrd high gasoline prices we've been paying record high fuel taxes. For what? Tax and spend and borrow and spend. It's time for new faces in the State Capitol and local governments.

rco1847 2 years, 5 months ago

The one entity at fault here that's not being mentioned is the folks who make EZ Pass and shove it down the throats of the public by manipulating our elected "fools". These are the same people who invented Water saving toilets that you have to flush 3 times and light bulbs that attack your eyes. I hate public policy makers. They circumvent the democratic process evey time on all major issues.

rco1847 2 years, 5 months ago

Just another blessing from the Government controlled by the Republican Aristocracy.

gwinnettisgreat1 2 years, 5 months ago

You guys say what you want. I used to sit in that mess every day BEFORE the HOT lanes. Now I have a peach pass and it gets me home and to work so much faster. I am willing to bet none of you even use I-85 every morning. If you did, you would not complain about the peach pass.

Its a great time saver and because I made something of myself instead of complaining and expecting someone else to do it for me... I can afford it.