Special Photo. Sean Penn is the last person to win an Oscar for playing a gay character in "Milk"
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Paul Andresen of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. Name a movie directed by Robert Redford that was set in Montana.
A: "A River Runs Through It"
2. What movie franchise has collectively received the most Oscar nominations?
A: "The Lord of the Rings" with 30 ("The Godfather" is runner-up with 29)
3. Name the last person to win an Oscar for playing a gay or lesbian character.
A: Sean Penn in "Milk"
4. Name two movies where Brad Pitt provided the voice for an animated character.
A: Answers include "Sinbad," "Megamind" and "Cool World"
5. What is the common acting bond shared by Barry Bostwick, Jon Voight, Kenneth Branagh, Alan Cumming, Christopher Plummer and John Lithgow?
A: All played Franklin D. Roosevelt in films
Now, for this week's questions:
1. What nickname did characters sometimes use when addressing the title character in the "Hellboy" movies?
2. Name the last movie to win the Oscar for Best Picture without receiving any acting nominations.
3. In what city was the title character in when delivering his memorable "box of chocolates" monologue in "Forrest Gump"?
4. Who is the first principal character to die (chronologically) in the "Kill Bill" movies?
5. In what movie did John Travolta and George Clooney both play U.S. military officers?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.