Special Photo. Clint Eastwood was the last person nominated for an acting Oscar in a movie he also directed, which was "Million Dollar Baby."
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Mark Dodson of Roswell.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. What Elton John song did the cast sing on the bus in "Almost Famous"?
A: "Tiny Dancer"
2. What musical instrument did Marilyn Monroe's character play in "Some Like it Hot"?
3. What installment of the "Fast and the Furious" franchise was set the farthest east geographically?
A: "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"
4. Who was the last person nominated for an acting Oscar in a movie they also directed?
A: Clint Eastwood in "Million Dollar Baby"
5. Name the acting bond shared by Heath Ledger, Colin Farrell, Jude Law and Johnny Depp.
A: All played the same character in "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus"
Now, for this week's questions:
1. In what state was "Sling Blade" set?
2. What is the common non-acting bond shared by Humphrey Bogart, Sissy Spacek, Annie Lennox, Jimmy Buffett, Rod Serling and Little Richard?
3. Name the last person nominated for a directing Oscar in a movie they also appeared in as an actor with a major speaking role.
4. What was the first Shakespearean play to be adapted into a feature-length (not short) film?
5. What was the first film to receive 10 or more Oscar nominations?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.