So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Jackie Dove of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. Name the son who directed his father to an acting Oscar.
A: John Huston directed his father Walter to an Oscar in “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre”
2. Name the consecutive movies for which lead Edward Norton had to gain and then lose weight.
A: “American History X” and “Fight Club”
3. What is the common bond shared by the movies “Flashdance,” “The Deer Hunter,” “Stigmata,” “Wonder Boys,” “Smart People,” “She’s Out of My League” and “Three Days Later”?
A: All were set in and around Pittsburgh
4. What classic 1950 film is narrated by a character in it that is dead?
A: “Sunset Boulevard”
5. Name the only winner of the Best Animated Feature Oscar that was originally presented in a language other than English.
A: “Spirited Away”
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. What is the highest-grossing documentary ever not directed by Michael Moore?
2. After Lincoln and Kennedy, what U.S. president has been depicted in the most live-action feature films?
3. What was the first film to feature THX sound?
4. What was the home state of Matt Damon’s character in “Saving Private Ryan?”
5. Name the last person to win an acting Oscar for a performance in their first feature film.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line.