So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Kathy Cox of Suwanee.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. In what city are most John Waters films set?
2. Name three movies where characters played by Nicole Kidman died.
A: "Moulin Rouge," "To Die For," "The Hours" (spoiler alert: Kidman's character in "The Others" -- a ghost -- dies before the film starts)
3. Name a movie about the Vietnam War that was produced while the war was still taking place.
A: Answers included "Heart and Soul," "The Green Berets" and "The Anderson Platoon"
4. What is the oldest Disney movie to exceed $1 billion in combined box office and home video sales?
A: "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"
5. Name a father and daughter to win acting Oscars who are both still living.
A: Jon Voight and Angelina Jolie
Now, for this week's
1. Name the son who directed his father to an acting Oscar.
2. Name the consecutive movies for which lead Edward Norton had to gain and then lose weight.
3. What is the common bond shared by the movies "Flashdance," "The Deer Hunter," "Stigmata," "Wonder Boys," "Smart People," "She's Out of My League" and "Three Days Later?"
4. What classic 1950 film is narrated by a character in it that is dead?
5. Name the only winner of the Best Animated Feature Oscar that was originally presented in a language other than English.
Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to clarkwriter
@mindspring.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line.