Tuesday, March 15, 2011
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
SNELLVILLE — A portable heater was the cause of Snellville house fire that displaced four residents Tuesday evening, officials said.
Gwinnett County firefighters responded to the home on the 3400 block of Centerville Lane at about 5:25 p.m., finding smoke showing from the attic, spokesman Capt. Tommy Rutledge said.
Crews made immediate entry and were able to contain the fire to a bedroom within 15 minutes, Rutledge said.
Four occupants — two adults and two children — were home at the time but escaped unharmed. The Red Cross was contacted to assist them.
The fire appeared accidental and was caused by a portable heater placed too close to a bed, Rutledge said.