Saturday, June 18, 2011
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
Kitchen fire causes extensive damage
BUFORD -- A kitchen fire caused extensive damage to a Buford home Saturday, while the residents worked outside in the yard.
Firefighters responded to the blaze at about 12:15 p.m., finding heavy smoke and flames in the attic of the single-story wood frame house at 3787 Hamilton Mill Lane.
According to Capt. Thomas Rutledge, crews conducted a search but were forced to fight the fire from outside after flames broke through the roof. It caused "extensive damage" to the house, a press release said.
The incident commander said the fire originated in the kitchen and appears to be accidental.
House fire contained to garage
LAWRENCEVILLE -- A house fire was contained to the garage of a Lawrenceville home Saturday.
According to Gwinnett Fire Capt. Thomas Rutledge, the blaze was not related to afternoon storms. It appeared to be caused by an electrical or battery source in the garage, he said.
The blaze sent smoke throughout the structure of the single-family Ashbrook Drive home, he said.