Wednesday, July 27, 2011
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
LAWRENCEVILLE -- A Tuesday evening fire that damaged a Lawrenceville home originated in a clothes dryer, officials said.
Gwinnett County firefighters responded to the home on the 600 block of Paden Drive at about 7:10 p.m., finding the fire burning inside the clothes dryer and laundry room of the small, woodframe house, spokesman Capt. Tommy Rutledge said. The blaze was brought under control in about 10 minutes.
"Firefighters worked fast and were able to quickly contain the fire to the laundry room when they arrived," Rutledge said.
The fire caused damage to the laundry room and sent smoke throughout the house. The American Red Cross was contacted to assist the displaced family of three.
Residents were home at the time but escaped unharmed, Rutledge said.